Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
To wear a bra or not?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:34 pm
My DD is 15. She has only worn sports bra since she started to need one. At what point do I encourage her to wear a regular bra? or do I just leave it alone and let her decide.

sarahmalka

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:38 pm
What's wrong with a sports bra? I would leave it alone. And if she really likes that style, check out True Bra. So comfortable.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:41 pm
If she is comfortable with a sports bra and it provides all the support she needs, don't worry. If she looks like she needs more support, suggest a shopping trip, and let her try a few other options.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:56 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If she is comfortable with a sports bra and it provides all the support she needs, don't worry. If she looks like she needs more support, suggest a shopping trip, and let her try a few other options.

Sports bras can be very supportive. If not for a good sports bra, I'd be a danger at the gym. But they give a very different look than a regular bra.

IMNSHO, leave it up to her. But if she's never tried a regular bra, you might want to introduce her to one, to show her the look it creates, then let her decide.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DD is 15. She has only worn sports bra since she started to need one. At what point do I encourage her to wear a regular bra? or do I just leave it alone and let her decide.

If she doesn't look good in a sports bra and it's not supportive enough, she needs a regular bra. Otherwise, she can wear a sports bra.
I wore sports bra's probably till when I got married.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:19 pm
I never heard of wearing sports bras for anything’s other than sports. Why not go to a regular bra? Gives much better shape and looks better under clothes.

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
If she doesn't look good in a sports bra and it's not supportive enough, she needs a regular bra. Otherwise, she can wear a sports bra.
I wore sports bra's probably till when I got married.

Me too

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:49 pm
I wear sports bras all the time except if I dress up nice. And they make in between styles too. Like a sports bra with dressier material and lining.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:09 pm
op here..its not a sports bra..like the ones I exercise in..its the soft ones by wacoal..its like wearing a half undershirt but with support..they just look like sport bras..no hooks or adjustable straps and no wire...she is not bigger than a 32B
thanks for the responses..appreciate it

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:18 pm
My daughter is an A cup she's almost 11 she's in a real bra I got it in the teen clothes section the other kind was not holding her well she looks way better now. We did try different soft/ sport type ones and bralettes she looks way better now we just went to the store and tryed a bunch on to find the best shape for her

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:21 pm
My mother bought me a “shabbos bra” and she let me wear whatever I wanted to school and everyday as long as for shabbos and weddings I wore the real one.
I’m rolling it only hit me now how funny this sounds! But she would occasionally say “maybe go put on your shabbos bra for this outfit”

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:40 pm
My girls almost 16 and 14 wear the sports gap bras only. They are not too big probably an A. They change every day there for I don't mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children