Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys high schools in cleveland

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 3:04 pm
I’m in Brooklyn but have family in Cleveland.There’s nothing here that would be a good fit and am looking into possible options in Cleveland. He’s modern yeshivish, but can adapt socially to different leanings. He has a very weak academic background, but I think he’s capable of much more. Any information or ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:40 pm
I'm sure you are speaking to your relatives here. They know you and your son, and can refer to actual humans to speak with.

I'll tell you the three Orthodox boys schools here, and you can research from there. I'm not comfortable discussing details, because I'm not familiar with them. No kids in that parsha yet.

Telshe Yeshiva
Yeshiva of Cleveland (an affiliate of Chofetz Chaim, connected somewhat to Hebrew Academy, not sure how much)
Y-Hi (Yeshiva High of Cleveland)

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:51 pm
websites:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telshe_Yeshiva (not sure if they have an actual website)

https://www.yeshivaofcleveland.org/ (much more of a typical experience)

https://yeshivahigh.org/ (not your typical Yeshiva)

come visit and speak to the parents---- get to know the boys in the schools. look at the history of each school and what the boys do in their free time and how they learn, etc. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:17 pm
Thank you for your replies. My family is older and has no information about the current education situation there. It seems that Yeshiva of Cleveland might be an option. I’m just concerned that it may be too difficult for someone with such a weak background. Does anyone know what level of academics or learning is expected there? Any information would be appreciated.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your replies. My family is older and has no information about the current education situation there. It seems that Yeshiva of Cleveland might be an option. I’m just concerned that it may be too difficult for someone with such a weak background. Does anyone know what level of academics or learning is expected there? Any information would be appreciated.

My understanding (from people involved there) is that there are a number of academically weak students. They have different levels of classes, as well. Most likely he would find a place.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 10:39 am
This is really encouraging! Thank you so much.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:57 pm
My son is academically weak and will iyH be going to YOC. They have different levels.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 7:06 pm
Thank you so much. Do you know what type of families send their boys there? Also, do you know if there is a dorm? (My family lives quite far).

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 9:26 pm
It’s a mix of families that send there. The Rebbeim are yeshivish but the vast majority of boys going there are not. It’s not typical for yeshivish families to send there, although there are a few for various reasons from what I hear. Most boys are JPF or whatever. It’s Cleveland so no one really cares about labels. The level of learning isn’t as high as in a typical yeshivish mesivta and the kids are much more with it. Most plan to go to college. The Rebbeim are warm and caring and it’s well run.

There isn’t a dorm. Boys from OOT board with families.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:25 pm
This sounds really great. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics