Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
12 yr old Upper Lip: How to Treat
Previous  1  2

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone for the recommendations, and especially single again for the link and wine for sharing your expertise.
And thank you all for the concern about DD.
She's the one who brought it up and I'm glad that I can get back to her with the options.

Just letting you know that bleaching the hair makes it grow back thicker and darker. I would not recommend it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 5:02 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Laser on the upper lip does not last.

This. Nothing on the lips usually last because it’s hormonal and will grow back at different times during hormonal cycles.

lcraighten

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 7:16 am
My mother send me to electrolysis as a 14 year old and I was NOT ready. I bleached till after high school when I was ready to face the pain and I did it then.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 9:33 am
SuperWify wrote:
Just letting you know that bleaching the hair makes it grow back thicker and darker. I would not recommend it.

I don’t find that at all. I find waxing makes it grow back more noticeable than before.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 10:03 am
I’m going to 2nd or 3rd the shaving. I also use one of those personal shavers. They’re cheap (can find for $10ish at drug stores). I find them quicker than any other method, painless, and even if the hair grows back more quickly, it’s so easily redone.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:03 pm
Bleaching and electrolysis later

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:52 pm
I think shaving now can mess up your success at electrolysis later

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 10:16 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Electrolysis on the upper lip is effective and less painful IMO than laser because it targets one hair at a time. When my dd started she tolerated 2 hairs each side. Now she is a champ, 5 minutes each side, mostly done and fewer growing back.

For me, it took three years of half hour weekly sessions of electrolysis until fully removed. Depends how much hair she has.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 10:17 am
SuperWify wrote:

Bleaching doesn't remove the hair so this doesn't make sense. (Though personally, it somtimes makes it look worse.)

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 5:00 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Nothing you do on the surface will change your genes and make your hair grow darker or thicker.

Shaving might make your hair appear that way briefly but only because you're cutting off the naturally tapered tip and leaving a blunt tipped hair that appears thicker and darker.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics