Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What do you give the lady teachers for MM?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:23 pm
I give my sons rebbeim a bottle of wine and chocolates. In the past I also gave the ladies same as rebbe. I feel like wine is more of a guy thing especially if the teacher is pregnant. I would love to give them something that I know they'll enjoy - maybe a cheese cake single and a bottled starbucks drinks. The thing is wine and chocolates is easy brainless and looks nice...

What do you do?

mfb

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:24 pm
Ice coffee chocolate and waferolls

Rappel

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 1:41 am
Really good whiskey.

(I'm joking. But that's what I would like to get if I were a teacher. Wine is fine. Even if they are pregnant, they can serve it to guests, and that's also a huge help.)

Raisin

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 5:54 am
Even if I don't drink wine its still nice to receive it since its an expensive item that I have to buy anyway for shabbos and that yom tov that comes exactly one month after Purim. Even when pregnant I drink a little wine at kiddush.

I would get something like bartenura moscata...most people like it.

teachkids

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 6:42 am
Chocolate and an iced coffee will make a very happy teacher if you’re looking for simple.

As a teacher I’ve gotten nosh bags that the kids are giving their friends, elaborate baskets with more theme than food, a plain box of chocolate, and beautiful expensive baskets filled with goodies. Really, we just appreciate seeing that you’re thinking of us and appreciate us.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:15 am
Scotch. After a day with the children they probably need it. If they are pregnant that can save it for that week when that are post-partim and go back to work. Then they will DEFINITELY need it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:17 am
Alternatively, they are not Rabbeyim, they are just women, so can't you just give them a bag of Bissili, a lollipop, and a juice box like everyone else?

avrahamama

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:18 am
I used to save the wines for Seder night. They were almost always k for p.

Wine is always good. Wine is my favorite.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Alternatively, they are not Rabbeyim, they are just women, so can't you just give them a bag of Bissili, a lollipop, and a juice box like everyone else?

Morahs don't deserve kavod? “Just” women?

I’m assuming this is tongue and cheek.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:55 am
watergirl wrote:
Morahs don't deserve kavod? “Just” women?

I’m assuming this is tongue and cheek.

Considering that my previous suggestion was scotch, yes, it was tongue and cheek.

Why wouldn't you just give the Morahs the same as the Rebbeyim? Don't they deserve the same amount of appreciation and respect? Don't you value all of your children's education?

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 9:05 am
Considering that my previous suggestion was scotch, yes, it was tongue and cheek.

Why wouldn't you just give the Morahs the same as the Rebbeyim? Don't they deserve the same amount of appreciation and respect? Don't you value all of your children's education?

I didn't connect the two comments!

We give all of our kids teachers the same mm. BH we don't live in one of the communities where you are expected to tuck a check into a Rebbe mm. We do a bottle of wine (the cheap kedem wine that's perfect for seder wine) and a chocolate bar. We don't have a lot of kids so the cost does not add up to that much.

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 9:07 am
I give a pretty chocolate arrangement and a tip. They don’t need much.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 9:09 am
While we’re on this topic, what tip amount is appropriate, and do you give the same for rebbes and morahs?

tante_feige

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
While we’re on this topic, what tip amount is appropriate, and do you give the same for rebbes and morahs?

I tip the Rebbeim more, because men inhertently deserve more money. Doesn't matter that they are doing the sme job as women.

tante_feige

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 8:09 pm

Bravo.

mfb

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 6:52 pm
I tip the morahs less since they work less hours. The boys English teacher that works less hours also gets less than the rebbe.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I give my sons rebbeim a bottle of wine and chocolates. In the past I also gave the ladies same as rebbe. I feel like wine is more of a guy thing especially if the teacher is pregnant. I would love to give them something that I know they'll enjoy - maybe a cheese cake single and a bottled starbucks drinks. The thing is wine and chocolates is easy brainless and looks nice...

What do you do?

Easy and brainless is also a box of beautiful chocolates and a chocolate liquor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics