Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Struggling with parenting difficult teens

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:37 am
Where csn I request for opening a private forum just for parents struggling with difficult teens? I can really use support. Should I reach out to yael for this?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:50 am
Private forums don't really help, it just means less people are answering, plus everyone can see you are struggling with this issue because they see your name in a private forum.

The best parenting advice I have ever heard was actually by listening to Esther Wein's parsha Shiurim. She is not in Israel but does come to visit quite often, but you can find her on Torah Anytime. She talks a lot about letting go so kids can make mistakes, and about giving them lots of love, and of being their "patron" and friend. Try listening and if it grabs you then you can email her (she says the email at the beginning of most classes) and join her WhatsApp groups for lots of chizzuk.

merelyme

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:02 am
op, there is a forum called "Extremely Rebellious/off the derech teens +" and you can pm Yael for access.
It's not super-active but there is anonymous posting in that forum, so you don't have to out yourself.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:12 am
merelyme wrote:
op, there is a forum called "Extremely Rebellious/off the derech teens +" and you can pm Yael for access.
It's not super-active but there is anonymous posting in that forum, so you don't have to out yourself.

not otd problems, different issues

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:15 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Private forums don't really help, it just means less people are answering, plus everyone can see you are struggling with this issue because they see your name in a private forum.

The best parenting advice I have ever heard was actually by listening to Esther Wein's parsha Shiurim. She is not in Israel but does come to visit quite often, but you can find her on Torah Anytime. She talks a lot about letting go so kids can make mistakes, and about giving them lots of love, and of being their "patron" and friend. Try listening and if it grabs you then you can email her (she says the email at the beginning of most classes) and join her WhatsApp groups for lots of chizzuk.

This seems helpful. Through what can I find Toira anytime? Where can I get access to her whatzapp group?

grace413

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
not otd problems, different issues

The rebellious teens forum is for any kind of problematic teen. I'm the mod, feel free to pm me.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:35 am
Go to

www.torahanytime.com and search Esther Wein
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children