Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If there were a vaccine for coronavirus - would you?
1  2  3  Next

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:12 pm
Coronavirus has been holding steady for a while at a 1:50 mortality rate. Another few weeks of data should give us the final statistics, but it's going to be somewhere in that ballpark range.

If tomorrow, a big pharma company managed to manufacture a new vaccine which is 95% effective for coronavirus, would you give it to your family?

Additionally - do you usually vaccinate?

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:21 pm
Yes and yes

TheNeutralOne

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:21 pm
No. Not yet. There’s no way that— at this point— enough safety testing could’ve been done.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:23 pm
No way. No way to know if it'll work because it hasn't been around or tested.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:23 pm
Yes.

I usually don't vaccinate for flu, but the flu vaccine is not that effective.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:25 pm
Rappel wrote:
Coronavirus has been holding steady for a while at a 1:50 mortality rate. Another few weeks of data should give us the final statistics, but it's going to be somewhere in that ballpark range.

If tomorrow, a big pharma company managed to manufacture a new vaccine which is 95% effective for coronavirus, would you give it to your family?

Additionally - do you usually vaccinate?

I wouldn't vaccinate right away. We'd isolate ourselves as much as possible. I'm wary of new vaccines and while I'd be extremely grateful that a vaccine was created, I would not want to use it myself until I had a better idea of how well it worked.

There are enough people in the major danger zones who have an extremely high chance of contracting the coronavirus and who will be happy to have a chance at avoiding it instead of knowing for certain that within a few months they will be facing a 1:50 chance of death.

I'll wait for them to try it - that's how every vaccine started, after all, people who knew it was vaccine or disease, 100% no chance of avoiding it, lined up for a chance at life. And we'll see what happens.

Look. If there's a vaccine, and they use it in China, we'll know pretty soon if there are awful side effects and whether it's effective or not at preventing novel coronavirus. Hopefully within a couple months some flaws will be fixed and others less severe, or the outbreak will have ended and we'll have another decade to continue experimenting and testing.

Now, if there was a major outbreak where I live, I'd say differently. But BH so far so good, hope it stays this way. And in the meantime, as long as it does, others can be the guinea pigs.

FTR, yes I vax. Not HPV (that should be optional and a decision made together with your teen) but yes everything else. And I think that all of the young childhood vaccines should be mandatory unless there is a legit medical reason, signed by 2-3 doctors. And violators should be heavily prosecuted.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:28 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Yes.

This year's is pretty effective. Only a handful of vaccinated individuals have been hospitalized, only one vaccinated individual died, and that person had a severe preexisting condition.

All the others hospitalized (hundreds), many are in serious condition, including a lot of pregnant women (which we don't usually have), and all the others who died (dozens), did not receive the vaccine.

sky

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 5:04 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Yes.

Depends how you measure effective.
A large percentage of those who have serious complications or death are unvaccinated.

I don’t think I would take the shot so soon
I givevall agota But haven’t given the gardisil shot yet because it’s still ‘newish’.
Although if there was a pandemic in nj I probably would even if it was new.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 7:37 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
This year's is pretty effective. Only a handful of vaccinated individuals have been hospitalized, only one vaccinated individual died, and that person had a severe preexisting condition.

All the others hospitalized (hundreds), many are in serious condition, including a lot of pregnant women (which we don't usually have), and all the others who died (dozens), did not receive the vaccine.

Source?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Source?

Those are the stats for Israel, where I live.
We have the same vaccine as the US this year, and it seems that we're seeing the same trends as well.

nchr

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 7:22 pm
I'd get the vaccine only if it was necessary (I.e. in the US we do not administer Yellow Fever or Typhoid immunizations). ATM there is no risk to the general public in the US where I live. If however I would travel internationally to an affected country or the virus was prevalent in the US, yes I'd vaccinate myself and my family.

athomemom

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:45 am
I usually vaccinate but wouldnt give this yet. No way enough research has been done in such a short time
However if I would live in china or something I probably would consider it

kenz

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:52 am
It's hard to know. I do vaccinate and do give the flu shot (when I'm not too lazy to shlep everyone for an extra doctor visit embarrassed ). In this case if the risk of catching the disease clearly outweighed the risk of a fairly new vaccine, I would, at the guidance of doctors and daas Torah. If the risk remained low (bH, bH) where I live, then I would not (yet)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 11:30 pm
CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.
Now follow with me:
In 2004, the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS-CoV. It expired on January 24, 2020 -- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.
In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.
They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zika quackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).
Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.
In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now. It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against. Guess who it was funded by? The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
You really can't make this stuff up.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 5:12 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.
Now follow with me:
In 2004, the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS-CoV. It expired on January 24, 2020 -- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.
In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.
They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zika quackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).
Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.
In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now. It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against. Guess who it was funded by? The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
You really can't make this stuff up.

Why are you posting this junk on every single coronavirus thread?

nchr

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Why are you posting this junk on every single coronavirus thread?

And for all I know this woman could be my cousin... Periwinkle, do you live in KJ?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 5:45 am
It’s to new so no
And I’m afraid of needles

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 6:46 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
It’s to new so no
And I’m afraid of needles

I'm not sure I understand the first part. Even if a vaccine is new, our science is old. The way we currently make vaccines is "cookie cutter" in a way. It took just a few hours for scientists in CA to have a vaccine ready to be tested. The reason no vaccine is available yet is due to safety testing.m

Newmami

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 6:52 am
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 2:55 pm
Israel is developing the vaccine. Hashem sends the refuah before the disease. In the end this disease will benefit klal Yisrael, everyone will scrambling to us to get the vaccine.

https://m.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCI.....19101
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics