Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher hotel in europe

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:45 pm
Anyone has been there recently?
We're looking for a nice place, easy access by plane.
Kosher meals over shabbos.
Please share any info!!
Tysm!

littleprincess

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:05 pm
U have to specify which part of europe ? There are some kosher hotels in Switzerland and Italy (in the mountains )
Or u can go to places like Gibraltar, venice , Prague...
Be a bit more specific about where u want to be ?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:20 pm
The King David Hotel in Prague is lovely - nice rooms, delicious Mehadrin food, within walking distance of teh old Jewish quarter and has its own Shul ( I think Mikveh, too),
The city is stunning - full of history, and a 2 hr coach ride away from the historic spa town of Marienbad.

Easily reachable by plane.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:21 pm
littleprincess wrote:
U have to specify which part of europe ? There are some kosher hotels in Switzerland and Italy (in the mountains )
Or u can go to places like Gibraltar, venice , Prague...
Be a bit more specific about where u want to be ?

Italy is currently a coronavirus hotspot, so you might not want to plan to go there. On the other hand, anywhere could become a hotspot by Pesach, so you may as well just choose where you want and hope (daven) for the best.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:11 pm
I didn't specify where because I'm open to any suggestion! Anywhere in Europe!
The hotel in prague offers meals?
Where do you fly to to reach it?
Thanx for the warning about corona virus!! Wil keep it in mind!

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't specify where because I'm open to any suggestion! Anywhere in Europe!
The hotel in prague offers meals?
Where do you fly to to reach it?
Thanx for the warning about corona virus!! Wil keep it in mind!

Prague...

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone has been there recently?
We're looking for a nice place, easy access by plane.
Kosher meals over shabbos.
Please share any info!!
Tysm!

What kind of vacation are you looking for? Mountains? The seaside? Touring? Hiking? It's as if someone would ask "looking for a kosher hotel in America? Has anyone been there?" You're going to have quite a different experience if you go to New York, Mexico, or the Bahamas...

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:31 pm
Yes - the King David in Prague offers breakfast and supper.
You can order lunch boxes or takeout sandwiches for lunch from the dining room staff at breakfast, or get something light from their lobby (smaller selection - but fresh and tasty).
The hotel's meals were great.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 5:50 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
What kind of vacation are you looking for? Mountains? The seaside? Touring? Hiking? It's as if someone would ask "looking for a kosher hotel in America? Has anyone been there?" You're going to have quite a different experience if you go to New York, Mexico, or the Bahamas...

The whole europe is not even as big as America!
There aren't so many kosher hotels in Europe.
I asked if anybody as been there recently!
Which one have you been to?
I'll decide where I want to go after I get my options but clearly besides for one poster that went to Prague, it doesn't look like anyone else has suggestions!

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The whole europe is not even as big as America!
There aren't so many kosher hotels in Europe.
I asked if anybody as been there recently!
Which one have you been to?
I'll decide where I want to go after I get my options but clearly besides for one poster that went to Prague, it doesn't look like anyone else has suggestions!

Other than kosher hotel pesach programs, I'm not sure there are that many all-year-round kosher hotels but I know that in Paris for example, you can stay in a regular hotel and walk to chabad for shabbos meals.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:15 am
There's a year round kosher hotel in Greece - but havent been there and have no idea how good it is, or what you can do in the area.
There's another place in Canazei, in Italy (it's up in the mountains). I've heard great things about the place (also has mehadrin food and a mikveh on premises) but haven't been there.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:47 am
There is a year-round kosher hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

I've never been, so I can't offer a personal opinion.

Mayflower

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:02 am
There are some hotels in Switzerland. I haven't been personally, but I know a lot of people who went to the Levin's hotel in Arosa and were very happy. The Mirabeau is also very nice (Crans Montana).

There's also a hotel in Holland, in Beekbergen, about an hour away from Amsterdam. Not the entire hotel is kosher, but there's a minyan.

And there's Villa Altol in Belgium. Very simple hotel, but a nice option if you want to be at walking distance from the sea. I wouldn't travel from the US for it though.

In Italy there's a year round kosher hotel in Alba (that I haven't been to).

And yes, the hotel in Prague is very nice.

For a city trip you could also go to London. There's a kosher B&B in GG - can't remember the name...

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:12 am
Highly recommend the Kempinski Hotel in St Moritz, Switzerland.

It is taken over at certain times of the year with a Kosher program run by Starguest.

If you google "Kempinski Hotel Starguest Kosher" the details should come up.

There is also The Pillar in London but in London if you stay near the Jewish areas you dont need a Kosher Hotel as there are plenty of places to get kosher food.

Paris as well, plenty of Kosher food places no need for kosher hotel.

There are Kosher Hotels in Venice and Rome but not sure if affected by virus as thats in Italy. But there are a few restaurants there as well so you don't particularly need a Kosher Hotel.

talented

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 12:18 am
There are a number of hotels advertised in Swirzerland.
And My Kosher Hotel in Italy is open year round.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 2:50 am
"In Italy, the European country worst hit so far by the virus, more than a dozen programs are planned for 2020. Several operators said they remain committed to holding their programs and are keeping a close watch on the situation, but others have been forced to throw in the towel.

One is Belinda Netzer, who owns My Kosher Hotel in the Dolomite Mountains of northeastern Italy. The hotel was fully booked throughout the winter ski season through Passover, which begins this year on the evening of April 8.

But the vast majority of Netzer’s clients are Israelis, and after Israel’s national air carrier, El Al, announced in late February that it was halting all flights to Italy, the cancellations started rolling in. That forced Netzer to nix the program. However, she is not canceling another program she is hosting in Rimini, Italy.

“I feel I’m living in wartime,” Netzer said. “It’s like a tsunami mixed with an — I don’t know. It’s like a catastrophe. It’s a really terrible feeling.”"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics