Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Quartzite costs and where to buy in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:56 pm
What should I expect the price to be for a white type quartzite slab?
Where can I buy in Brooklyn?
TIA

catinthehat

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:24 pm
quartzite is similar priced to marble - a little less. it is currently in high demand. European marble and granite downtown brooklyn is a big slab yard you can feel free to browse. they sell to fabricators; not clients directly. international stone in williamsburg has a beautiful selection. you can check in with lazer marble, countrywide stone, imperial marble, all stiles are some reputable fabricators and have several slabs of their own.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:54 pm
I don't agree that it is a little cheaper than marble, I found it to be the most expensive, excluding super rare slabs.
I bought 1 slab. With fabrication, it cost just over 5000.

catinthehat

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:59 pm
5000 for one slab with fabrication? thats still very reasonable for quartzite. ive seen marbles than ran 12k for the slab without fabrication....

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:05 pm
catinthehat wrote:
5000 for one slab with fabrication? thats still very reasonable for quartzite. ive seen marbles than ran 12k for the slab without fabrication....

Right that must be a rarer form of marble. I went to 4 or 5 yards while I was looking and most quartzite slabs were around the price I paid. Typical marble cost a bit less, fancier slabs obviously cost more.
Just my experience, yours must have been different . For what it's worth, this was 2 yrs ago in NY

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:07 pm
It is of course possible I was looking at cheaper marble. I know little of marble since I knew it wasn't recommended for counters so I haven't done much research
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics