Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to buy dairy-free vegetable pizza?

Alef Bais

Post Sat, Dec 31 2011, 6:29 pm
Does anyone know where to get a good vegetable pizza in Brooklyn? It can't have milk, so the one from Mendelsohn's is out cuz I know they use milk in their dough.

Thanks.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 31 2011, 6:38 pm
fresh or frozen? I see that kind of thing sold locally in the freezer section.

gold21

Post Sat, Dec 31 2011, 7:15 pm
yeah the mendelsohnns cheeseless pizza has milk in the dough...

I know amnons doesnt use milk in their dough (or at least they didnt the last time we checked), and they probably have a cheeseless slice...

oh, what about Pizza Time on Ave J? they make great cheeseless pizza and I think they might not have milk in the dough. its worth asking them.

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:11 pm
Chocolate Moose, I am interested in both fresh and frozen. Which store has it in the freezer dept? What brand is it?

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:44 pm
Amnons on 13 and 49 makes a great cheese less slice, I sometimes add Daiyah to it at home, DELICOUSE. Bennys on 45 and 13 also makes a cheesless slice but its very diet- thin whole wheat crust and raw veggies- peppers, onion, mushroom, sometimes spinach and brocoli.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:35 pm
Alef Bais wrote:
Chocolate Moose, I am interested in both fresh and frozen. Which store has it in the freezer dept? What brand is it?

tofutti makes one kind. I'm pretty sure I've seen others, too.

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:39 pm
tofuti doesn't make vegetable

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 5:16 pm
Toffuti's pizza is imitation cheese and smells like you don't want to know. They don't have a vegetable pizza.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:02 pm
youre better off buying fresh veggie pizza and freezing it. trust me, we know the ins and outs of cheeseless pizza!! Tongue Out (son allergic to dairy).

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:08 pm
I sometimes buy Amnons dough and make our own. yesterday I made our own dough

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:44 pm
tofutti pizza does not smell, it actually tastes really good. The American cheese and the mozzarella smell something awful.

I have gotten vegetable pie in JII in M. I would double check about the crust though as I cannot remember. It has no cheese.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 7:24 pm
We buy slices at Benny's on 13th and 46th, and at King David on 13th and 52nd. I think dd likes King David's better.

You can usually count on both places to have some ready. Amnon's, not so much.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:32 am
Alef Bais wrote:
Does anyone know where to get a good vegetable pizza in Brooklyn? It can't have milk, so the one from Mendelsohn's is out cuz I know they use milk in their dough.

Thanks.

Bumping for updated information - which brand of non-dairy frozen pizza tastes good?
Thanks!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:59 pm
I liked the toffuti very much (before I went off gluten). Now try cheeseless wheatless... (yeah there's a cauliflower one... I think it's Ceebees)

And it's easy enough to slice up a mushroom &/or pepper very thin & put on top of it.

BTW the toffuti cheeseless cheese blintzes are YUM. Well of course once you're used to not eating real cheese...

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 5:11 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Bumping for updated information - which brand of non-dairy frozen pizza tastes good?
Thanks!

the cauliflower one is ok. At this point I just make my own using parbaked crusts. I can't stand the toffuti ones, there used to be a brand from Canada that had frozen parve with veggies but they don't make it anymore or it isn't being imported anymore.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 5:31 am
The veggie slice st Bennie's is great. Very wholesome. Pizza Time on Ave J is delicious too.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 5:57 am
avrahamama wrote:
The veggie slice st Bennie's is great. Very wholesome. Pizza Time on Ave J is delicious too.

I'm pretty sure that pizza time told me they use milk or butter in their pizza and none are dairy free. Definitely ask if you plan on going. But their veg pizza is incredible!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:47 pm
Thank you all for the replies!
It sounds like people are split on the Tofutti brand. Fresh pizza is not an option for me - I need to get from the local grocery frozen section.
If anyone has any other tried-and-true non-dairy frozen pizza recommendations, please chime in!
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries