Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Siblings going away alone without husbands and wives
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:38 am
Yes, it would. A bit weird to call it a "family vacation" and then exclude half the family. It's like planning a "family vacation" and not inviting a sibling.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If your husband’s married sisters and one of his married brothers want to go away together on a family vacation without their wives and husbands, would it bother you if your husband would go without you?

Not at all

kenz

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:54 am
I think it depends on how often you go away with your husband as a couple or as a family. My husband and I rarely take vacations - we've been away a handful of times as a family and only three times as a couple in over twenty years of marriage, including our "honeymoon." So I would be very bothered if he would announce that he was planning a trip with his siblings. If we vacationed regularly though, I don't think it would bother me (much). It's not something I would do though - granted I only have brothers, but I would find it very weird to go away with my siblings and leave my husband at home.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:11 am
I think its disgusting, can you not sit and laugh about family memories together with your spouse???? why is should a DIL be seconds.
In my family the married ones are treated the same (if not nicer Wink ) my parents are constantly trying to make them feel comfortable and loved, my mum would be outraged if we were to do such a thing.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics