Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
China engineered the coronavirus?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:32 am
[quote="amother [ Linen ]"]The vast majority of anti-vaxxers - people who decidedly lack the ability to understand and interpret scientific research - are college-educated and middle-class.

So apparently, it's not the lack of higher education that's the issue, but the fact that we have lowered the standards so much that people incapable of understanding physics, higher biology, and chemistry are receiving degrees (even advanced degrees).

Of course, their degrees are not in the hard sciences but in easier subjects, but the effect is the same: the person, and those around them, sees him/herself as educated, capable, smart, and a "thinker" c

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:35 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Even if you think that the Chinese govt doesn’t care about its own citizens dying, why would they purposely try to destroy their economy? What’s the logic there?

As I said above (or perhaps in a related thread -- I can't keep them all straight), I think it is entirely possible that the virus was released accidentally by some Chinese lab.

I do not think it was released deliberately for some nefarious purpose. That makes no sense to me at all.

momsrus

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.
Now follow with me:
In 2004, the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS-CoV. It expired on January 24, 2020 -- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.
In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.
They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zika quackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).
Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.
In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now. It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against. Guess who it was funded by? The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
You really can't make this stuff up.

and yet, you just did

boots

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:29 am
From The Lancet

Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19
Charles Calisher, Dennis Carroll, Rita Colwell, Ronald B Corley, Peter Daszak, Christian Drosten, et al.
Published:February 19, 2020DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)30418-9

We are public health scientists who have closely followed the emergence of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and are deeply concerned about its impact on global health and wellbeing. We have watched as the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China, in particular, have worked diligently and effectively to rapidly identify the pathogen behind this outbreak, put in place significant measures to reduce its impact, and share their results transparently with the global health community. This effort has been remarkable.
We sign this statement in solidarity with all scientists and health professionals in China who continue to save lives and protect global health during the challenge of the COVID-19 outbreak. We are all in this together, with our Chinese counterparts in the forefront, against this new viral threat.

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin. Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),1 and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 as have so many other emerging pathogens.11, 12 This is further supported by a letter from the presidents of the US National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine13 and by the scientific communities they represent. Conspiracy theories do nothing but create fear, rumours, and prejudice that jeopardise our global collaboration in the fight against this virus. We support the call from the Director-General of WHO to promote scientific evidence and unity over misinformation and conjecture.14 We want you, the science and health professionals of China, to know that we stand with you in your fight against this virus.
We invite others to join us in supporting the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of Wuhan and across China. Stand with our colleagues on the frontline!
We speak in one voice. To add your support for this statement, sign our letter online. LM is editor of ProMED-mail. We declare no competing interests.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:55 pm
I know I'm bumping anither one of these threads. But I'm curious if the posters who insisted a lab leak was a conspiracy still think so.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics