Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help us choose between Bugaboo and Uppa Baby!!
Previous  1  2

Sara255

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:58 pm
I have both and I WAYYYYY prefer my uppababy Cruz to the bugaboo chameleon. It's so much easier to use and so practical, so much easier to fold. I LOVE the uppababy, as well as their car seat.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:34 pm
I’m a huge vista fan. It’s also my double stroller.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:43 pm
I have the bugaboo bee. I've used it for 3 kids and it's still in amazing condition. It's easy to fold, not too heavy in/out of car, and comfortable for baby. It also wheels very smoothly. I'm thinking of getting a new one for my next Iyh, only because mine is older model and doesn't have a bassinet, which I'd really like to have.
If this will be used for the car, I would strongly advise against the Vista or cameleon because the are big, bulky and a huge pain to put in and out of the car. I have a cameleon which has been sitting in the attic for years bec it's too annoying to deal with.
I do think the Cruz is a great stroller too. Two criticisms that I've heard from ppl are that the straps don't go so small so you can't really put a little baby in it. And the second thing, which is another reason that I don't love the cameleon, is because of the V shaped seat. I find it to be a weird position for baby when it's leaned back, like baby's legs are kind of up in the air.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I have the bugaboo bee. I've used it for 3 kids and it's still in amazing condition. It's easy to fold, not too heavy in/out of car, and comfortable for baby. It also wheels very smoothly. I'm thinking of getting a new one for my next Iyh, only because mine is older model and doesn't have a bassinet, which I'd really like to have.
If this will be used for the car, I would strongly advise against the Vista or cameleon because the are big, bulky and a huge pain to put in and out of the car. I have a cameleon which has been sitting in the attic for years bec it's too annoying to deal with.
I do think the Cruz is a great stroller too. Two criticisms that I've heard from ppl are that the straps don't go so small so you can't really put a little baby in it. And the second thing, which is another reason that I don't love the cameleon, is because of the V shaped seat. I find it to be a weird position for baby when it's leaned back, like baby's legs are kind of up in the air.

You can get a bassinet for the Cruz.

miriamrabin

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:42 pm
I originally got the bugaboo fox but found a way too big even though it wheeled beautifully and looked very stylish. I now have the most recent version which is the bugaboo lynx. It has all the perks of the fox but is much smaller in size.

Newmami

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:42 am
Hi, I'm new here and just came across this post;
I have a Bugaboo fox and the service is AMAZING!!!
My rain-cover tore, I just wrote them an email send some pictures an received a new one the next day!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:51 am
Uppababy. I liked vista better than Cruz but Cruz is good too.
I dont like bugaboos.
Doonas are the best till you need a bigger stroller.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:21 am
Mazel Tov Bubbe!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter had a baby a month ago and she is ready to go back home in Lakewood. (I live in Brooklyn).
Now it’s time to buy the carriage.
My daughter would love to take walks but in general she’ll also be in and out of the car.
We went to the Store that sells carriages and now we have to decide....
Uppa Baby
Bugaboo Fox
Bugaboo Bee
Who can help us with recommendations?
The Bugaboos are 20% reduced now btw...

What features are important to her? From this post it sounds more brand relevant because why fox vs bee? They are very very different.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:51 am
Neither. If you must get bugaboo get the bee. However for a light , beautiful & easiest to push nothing beats Joolz. Unlike bugaboo or uppababy it’s not made in China & it shows in every little part.
I have bought all my grandchildren’s strollers (including doubles) and joolz without doubt has been the best.
Mazel Tov

missmuffetsmum

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:12 am
Vista fan here!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 9:40 am
dancingqueen wrote:
You can get a bassinet for the Cruz.

yes, you can. How does that help?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:55 pm
There are so many different pros and cons to each stroller. The parents have to decide on the best stroller for their lifestyle and how they plan on using it.
Parents who are more likely to be harder on the handlebar should go with uppababy over bugaboo as the way the chasis are built are different and if you are hard on the handle your bugaboo will not last.
If the parents are different hights the uppababy is much easier to change handle bar height than bugaboo 1 step vs 3.
The bugaboo is lighter but folds in several steps.
Uppababy is heavy but 1 step fold.
Both come with bassinets but uppababy bassinet is a separate piece where as the bugaboo you get 1 frame and 2 fabric pieces that you need to put on the frame. So bugaboo is more convenient to store if your limited on space but uppababy you can use toddler seat at day and bassinet at night as they are 2 separate pieces entirely.
Do you need more storage space or less?
Is how the seat reclines important or not?
Does it matter to you how it folds?
Do you like hand break vs foot break?
They are very differnt companies each of which offer uniquely different features per stroller and its a matter of parents finding a perfect stroller for them and not what worked well for other people.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
yes, you can. How does that help?

One of your complaints was that you can’t put a little baby in it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics