Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Women age 20-35 who live in flatbush

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:38 pm
Sorry, don’t mean to break off at a specific age, just trying to get a better idea for how many young women / families live in flatbush and are happy. Some say Brooklyn is a dying community, others argue not. I’m confused and deciding whether to move to a younger community....
Do you feel there is a community feel where you live? Any young families on your block? Are you happy overall with life in flatbush? Regret not moving out? Any insights pls? Just looking to hear perspective from young women who live here and are happy (or not). Thanks!

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:12 pm
A lot of people in that demographic love Flatbush but are saving up to buy a house somewhere affordable.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:22 pm
IMHO- the problem is that housing prices are astronomical

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:33 pm
I'm 30 in flatbush and very happ6

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:38 pm
In in my late 20s - born and bred in Flatbush ... living here basically to be close to my parents but looking to move out within next 3-5 years because of prices... my friends / neighbors are mostly older than me ... we get along beautifully but not exactly my age

Am I happy? Yes because I’m close to my family

Also love the conveniences of transportation here and all the Jewish stores of course...

Moving out of town will be tough but I don’t see how I can continue living here long term

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:45 pm
There is no sense of community. Brooklyn is definitely dying out and I am probably the youngest on my block (I'm in my late 20's). Honestly I don't really mind it because I am very introverted and not the type to be socializing all the time anyway. We are happy here because of jobs, schools, and being near family. But we will probably have to move out when we outgrow our apartment and are ready to buy a house.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:27 pm
37. I hope I'm allowed to post lol.
Definitely looking to move out.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:09 am
35 like Flatbush because of schools family and convenience but no real sense of community and can’t eat out meals with little kids babies bec no eruv
However I do have lots of friends here and do not see myself moving out so fast ...I like that the Brooklyn schools classes are now not so overcrowded and our kids are getting the attention they deserve!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating