Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Does this price make sense to carpet clean

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:23 pm
One stain on my carpet? $85? In Jackson area

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:25 pm
Yes I know Chemdry won’t come out for less then $100

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:27 pm
Could I have asked him to do more than that spot tho? I feel like I got ripped off

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:08 am
I noticed that Shop Rite has carpet cleaning machines to rent. Maybe you could try that next time.

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:02 am
You can always ask what it would be to steam clean an entire carpet. I would assume that spot cleaning for a stain would be included in that amount. Carpets are supposed to be steam cleaned regularly anyway to prolong life as unseen grit and other stuff wears down the carpet and shortens the life span.

In my experience, a service call from ANY company costs about $100 because they have to figure travel time and other administrative expenses. I have shades and the bottom became soiled in one small spot because my building had power washed and shmootz from the bottom was driven in by the water pressure. The cost to clean the tiny area was over $200. To clean the actual dirt took less than five minutes but he had to drive, come in, set up his equipment and then do the reverse. It would have no doubt have been the same if there was a larger area to clean. Similarly, a plumber charges $100 or more just to snake a drain which generally takes a few minutes of easy work once he is in the bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry