Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
High school for son with ADHD/Autism(HF) and Behavior issues
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:16 pm
914 490 8129
Rabbi Gluck in Monsey. Hes the one referred to in the post above. His place may be just what you need.
Also try asking advice from Rabbi Binyomin Strauss in Lakewood 732 674 0967. He meets with parents and child,no fee. He gives a recommendation where you would have a good fit. He often has connection to the school that can help you get in. I think he is funded by a donor to help boys get into high schools. Unlike Rabbi Gluck, he doesnt have his own school or educational setting.

momofautistic

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:31 am
There is a new therapeutic program for teenage boys in Israel called Meromim Israel. (www.meromimisrael.com) They seem to offer everything programs in America offer, for less money and a major plus is it is Jewish, kosher etc. I reached out to them and can give anyone the contact info for the Director, Netanel if they want more info.
We no longer need to send to Non Jewish programs and grapple with getting our sons the right treatment but not being able to keep shabbos, kashurs etc.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:39 am
I know you said no tri-state but Sinai schools has a high school meor.
However it is modern orthodox & co-ed.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:49 am
momofautistic wrote:
There is a new therapeutic program for teenage boys in Israel called Meromim Israel. (www.meromimisrael.com) They seem to offer everything programs in America offer, for less money and a major plus is it is Jewish, kosher etc. I reached out to them and can give anyone the contact info for the Director, Netanel if they want more info.
We no longer need to send to Non Jewish programs and grapple with getting our sons the right treatment but not being able to keep shabbos, kashurs etc.

Have you sent to there?

tryinghard

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:41 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

This. It’s in Kushner - in Livingston. My brother goes there. It’s an excellent program. My parents are yeshivish and live in monsey. This was the best option for my brother and he is thriving, bH.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:48 am
Any suggestions for a 12 year old?
High functioning autism/ADD?
I'm going crazy

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:55 am
tryinghard wrote:
This. It’s in Kushner - in Livingston. My brother goes there. It’s an excellent program. My parents are yeshivish and live in monsey. This was the best option for my brother and he is thriving, bH.

And now I'm curious who your brother is. My kid is there too. It's a nice balance of being and feeling "normal" while getting the needed support.

I would caution that while they do have a social skills program, it's not as fleshed out as the one at the school for lower (academically) functioning kids, and there is no life skills program. There is a genuine lack of programs for kids who are academically bright and generally high functioning but need some real help in those areas. That being said, definitely look into it. I don't know exactly what the poster is looking for. And we are generally happy.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

Sinai also has a program in TABC. Still MO, but not coed, so OP may be more comfortable with that option. The only thing is, if she's not living in NJ, she will not be able to get any reimbursement.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:10 pm
The TABC program is aimed at kids with more significant disabilities, though, and doesn't feature the same level of academics and inclusion.

momofautistic

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Have you sent to there?

No, it just opened in January.
The only reason we didn't enroll there was because my son needs wilderness therapy first. (We are looking into a program called Evoke). After he finishes in wilderness we will likely send to Meromim.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:24 pm
wilksbare pa has a high school

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:55 pm
OP what did you end up doing?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:44 am
I have a son with similar difficulties. I ended up sending him to a yeshiva in France called bet Yosef. He is bh doing well there. If anyone wants more info feel free to pm me.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:51 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I have a son with similar difficulties. I ended up sending him to a yeshiva in France called bet Yosef. He is bh doing well there. If anyone wants more info feel free to pm me.

Double post

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:51 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Can't pm amother ...
I have lots of questions but my sons younger-12. So I'll wait
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics