Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anti aging cream
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:06 am
ra_mom wrote:
Moisturize every morning and every evening after washing your face. Use sensitive skin oil free Neutrogena moisturizer. Use foundation on top of that that has SPF.
that’s generally not enough sunscreen. I’d say rather have the sunscreen in your moisturizer and layer it on properly.

naftala

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:26 am
I really like the Boots No. 7 moisturizer - it contains sunscreen. I have super fair skin and freckles, so I use the eye cream, serum and then the moisturizer every morning. You can buy it at the drugstore and it is available on Amazon, too.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:00 pm
MiriFr wrote:
👍👍
This is great! But I hope you're also using sunscreen together with all this! The SPF in foundation is not enough on it's own. You gotta lather, baby

amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
that’s generally not enough sunscreen. I’d say rather have the sunscreen in your moisturizer and layer it on properly.

Then use the oil free Neutrogena age shield face sunscreen lotion in the morning and the oil free moisturizer at night. Not everyone's skin can handle regular creams.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:53 pm
Physical sunscreens are better than chemical ones.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi I'm 30 years old and live a very stressful life, work long hours, and still financially struggling, a number of kids close in age etc. I'm noticing that that I'm starting to get quite a few wrinkles on my face, and definitely do not look my age. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a moisturiser or something to stop my face ageing like it seems to be. I also suffer a little bit from acne and don't react well to many moisturisers because they cause pimples. I would be really grateful if anyone has had good experience with a particular anti - ageing cream/ointment that they could recommend? thanx in advance!

Don’t waste your money. I read a whole thing a while ago that said all moisturizers accomplish the same thing, from the cheapest to the most expensive, so people are throwing out their money by buying oil of Olay or anything else that’s more expensive. There’s no such thing as anti aging cream, if there was, no one would get wrinkles or have aging skin. It’s completely hereditary, how you age, if your ancestors had good skin, aged late, no wrinkles, that determines how you will age. Again, the study said don’t waste your money, all moisturizers are the same and none will stop aging.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:46 am
The thing that will make actual changes is renova. It’s only by prescription and I’m guessing you can’t use it if trying to getting pregnant , thought you should speak to your dr.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:58 am
I second the sunscreen fraction
This is the most important preventive measure
Also I would start using a prescription strength retinoid like RetinA or Renova
Is has been proven to improve collagen and elastin production in the skin
I can also recommend the injectable Profhilo. It isn’t a filler like Juvederm etc but highly concentrated Hyaluronic Acid which is injected just under the skin in 10 points all over the face( or also neck and hands if needed) and then disperses under the skin to internally bind water , plump up the skin and give it a youthful and very hydrated look
I don’t know if it has been licensed in the US but the Europeans Love it
Good luck

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:26 am
I see that many of the posts suggest the use of sunscreen as the most effective cream to avoid wrinkles and aging.
My question is: Is sunscreen just for those who spend a lot of time outdoors? Because I am a stay at home mom and work at home and don't go out all that much. What products would work best for me?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I see that many of the posts suggest the use of sunscreen as the most effective cream to avoid wrinkles and aging.
My question is: Is sunscreen just for those who spend a lot of time outdoors? Because I am a stay at home mom and work at home and don't go out all that much. What products would work best for me?

Moisturize 2x a day. You need sunscreen when sitting at the window too.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

Obviously you don't have to put on sunscreen if you don't go out AT ALL. Smile

However, unless you are a reclusive hermit, you are going out and so the cumulative impact of the sun will get to you.

I can see the difference between my left arm which was more exposed to the sun when I drove versus my right arm.

I hate the sun with a passion and preferred indoor activities. I wasn't scrupulous with sunscreen when I was younger but I can still see how I have some difference in texture of face versus skin that wasn't exposed. And I REALLY can see the difference between my friends who were out in the sun more and me. I have a friend who has had a face lift and I am less wrinkled than she is.

The best product for you would probably be a moisturizer that has a high SPF content. They do make lovely products like that.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It was terrible for my acne. I don't recommend it for OP who suffers from acne.

Different people have different acne triggers.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
The thing that will make actual changes is renova. It’s only by prescription and I’m guessing you can’t use it if trying to getting pregnant , thought you should speak to your dr.

Agreed. To be more specific - Renova, or a moisturizer with a retinol. But like she said - probably not if you're trying to get pregnant and requires prescription.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:22 pm
I do all the above to prevent aging and my older sister does absolutely nothing. No makeup, no creams, nothing. Yet our skin is the same, we both honestly look amazing for our ages. Likely it's the fact that our mom looks great.

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:37 pm
Sunscreen every am and prescription retin-a every night. The retin-a will help with the acne and wrinkles

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I do all the above to prevent aging and my older sister does absolutely nothing. No makeup, no creams, nothing. Yet our skin is the same, we both honestly look amazing for our ages. Likely it's the fact that our mom looks great.

Ye, most often as hard as we try our genes will take over at some point.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Genetics is a big factor in aging.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:45 pm
My mother looked great until she made aliya!!
Now she still looks great but with a lot of wrinkles!! Wink
So I guess the sun definitely makes it worse! Sunny Sunny Sunny

etky

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:54 am
Wrinkles aren't the only sign of aging, you know.
There's hyper-pigmentation issues, redness, uneven skin tone, sagging, loss of fat/padding in places etc.
Sunscreen and even Retin A are not the end all for all of these issues. Some are not preventable in any way, but there are (expensive) cosmetic and surgical treatments that can address them.
I did nothing anti-aging for my skin until my early forties (ten years ago) but around that time figured I should be doing something. OTOH I've always been very skeptical about the effectiveness of even the most expensive creams so I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them.
I did some research and decided to use Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect serum and have used it since, daily. It is pretty cheap and has very good reviews. A couple of years ago I added in something with retinol too. I use Roc Deep Wrinkle Serum.
So far so good b"h.
I have some lines above my upper lips. They started in my early forties but I do believe that the creams are preventing them from getting worse. I think they are also doing a great job with skin tone and general wrinkle prevention. OTOH that could also be genes.
Unfortunately I do see signs of sagging, especially around my upper eyelids area and I'm slowly developing jowls. That is also genetic. No cream will prevent that.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:47 am
etky wrote:
Wrinkles aren't the only sign of aging, you know.
There's hyper-pigmentation issues, redness, uneven skin tone, sagging, loss of fat/padding in places etc.
Sunscreen and even Retin A are not the end all for all of these issues. Some are not preventable in any way, but there are (expensive) cosmetic and surgical treatments that can address them.
I did nothing anti-aging for my skin until my early forties (ten years ago) but around that time figured I should be doing something. OTOH I've always been very skeptical about the effectiveness of even the most expensive creams so I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them.
I did some research and decided to use Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect serum and have used it since, daily. It is pretty cheap and has very good reviews. A couple of years ago I added in something with retinol too. I use Roc Deep Wrinkle Serum.
So far so good b"h.
I have some lines above my upper lips. They started in my early forties but I do believe that the creams are preventing them from getting worse. I think they are also doing a great job with skin tone and general wrinkle prevention. OTOH that could also be genes.
Unfortunately I do see signs of sagging, especially around my upper eyelids area and I'm slowly developing jowls. That is also genetic. No cream will prevent that.

im in my 30s and have sagging eyelids and jowls. so annoying bec nothign a cream will help. my skin dr says sunscreen with a moistrizer and acne cream at night. thats for reg skincare. ppl think ilook young but my eyes and jowls dont, I dont know how they miss it. lucky you that you are seeing it only in your 50s Smile

etky

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 3:32 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
im in my 30s and have sagging eyelids and jowls. so annoying bec nothign a cream will help. my skin dr says sunscreen with a moistrizer and acne cream at night. thats for reg skincare. ppl think ilook young but my eyes and jowls dont, I dont know how they miss it. lucky you that you are seeing it only in your 50s Smile

Could be that the process started already back then but it has really accelerated now that I'm older. I'm actually kind of shocked when I look at pictures. My eyes look so much smaller when they used to be quite large, because of my eyelids. I understand now why there are eyelifts. Sad
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics