Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Wanna Lose Hundred Pounds. Fast
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what's that?

The Ducan diet is simple but OP I encourage you to do something that has a regular support system.

I have more than a handful of siblings that did the surgery successfully so they will never encourage me to do anything else than that. In other words I cant count on their support.

I used to be very ok on OA but only as long as I had a normal sponsor (hard to find one that doesn't have that very strict Christian mentality).
My sponsor is very sick she didnt reply to my emails the last few months. Automatically I shot up 30 pounds.
I must have support!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
where can I see more about this?

Trim You

Also do a search here for a lot of info about it.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:22 pm
My experience has been that emotional issues can make it very difficult to stick to a good eating plan.

In my case the combination of a scare (blood sugar results and family history) and having been working on my issues in therapy, I think and hope I will now have the siyata dishmaya to do what I need to do.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so what DO you eat? mind sharing?

Animal protein. High fat dairy. Low carb vegetables. Soups with these things. Stews with these things. Seasonings I make myself. Pickles. Vegetables. Nuts. Some seeds, hemp hearts, fish. I make mayo. I don’t avoid fat. Grebven first a treat but it gives me heart burn so not too often.

I eat until satiated. That’s a skill I developed over time. I do not weigh or measure but suspect I eat about the same amount daily. Food is fuel not entertainment. I’m a very good cook ( like professional level) but we keep things simple and tasty.

To me, breaking the carb addiction by going strict makes it the simplest. It took me about 48 hours before I felt full for the first time in 45 years.

I cannot be more grateful.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Due to rapid weight loss, yes. But it really wasn’t a major deal. The gallstone attacks I was having though were a big deal. Still don’t regret my decision to do surgery for a second. And I would do it all again. And also there are many many people that have the surgery who don’t have any issues with gallbladder.

And I had rampant gallbladder issues, had it removed and have not had a problem since. I weighed over 300 when my gallbladder came out.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:32 pm
malki2 wrote:
Keto/Atkins diets are unhealthy in the long run as they work by tricking the body to go into starvation mode and break down its own tissue for energy. As a one-time plan to lose a large amount of weight, fine, but those who do it repeatedly in yo-yo dieting or just living on them perpetually are doing their bodies a tremendous disservice in the long run.

You’re joking right? Learn about it before you go saying such ridiculous things.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:34 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You’re joking right? Learn about it before you go saying such ridiculous things.

It’s actually true. My daughter is on keto for epilepsy and she has to have blood tests all the time to make sure her levels are within reason since it’s not a varied or healthy diet. It’s being done under a nutritionist and a neurologist and even then for a max of two years.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how do you go away for shabbos?
I go away very often

I can go anywhere and I always bring my own food do that if there’s nothing appropriate I won’t be hungry. I’ve attended weddings and bar mitzvah without eating. I actually always have a better time at those because I focus on people not food.

I’ve gone away to Shabbat programmes and made sure I had food with me. If needed I bring a cooler or make sure there’s a fridge available. I took my instant pot to a hotel. Or bring shelf stable things. I’ve done hotels, friends houses, you name it.

I make my needs clear and then being my own food in case there’s any surprises. A few weeks ago someone put honey in Israeli salad. I realized it, stopped eating and thanked hashem that I can tell When something isn’t right for me.

Tonight I discussed what will be available at the Purim seudah I’m invited to. With the Rebbetzin of my community. Yes, I asked her what’s on the menu, told her what we eat and she told me what will be ‘safe.’ I’m also bringing something she loves that I don’t eat.

My friends know how serious I am and they get that this is life and death for me. I’m happy to say that it’s not difficult for me and that I don’t suffer. No one goes away from my table hungry either.

Me 🔻100 since may 2017
Hubby 🔻30 since nov. 2018 but maintaining a larger loss of 60 since February 2017
Son 🔻60 since July 2017
Daughter 🔻15 maintaining. ( she was not obese and still goes back and forth/ is able to be metabolically fluid)
Mother 🔻60 or so since may 2017
Father 🔻15 or so but most importantly under 180 for first time in twenty years. And he is 80.

All of us healthy and doing great.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:51 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
What will give chizuk to OP is how you kept it off.

The gory details are if I eat too much, I throw up.. Simple as that..

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
It’s actually true. My daughter is on keto for epilepsy and she has to have blood tests all the time to make sure her levels are within reason since it’s not a varied or healthy diet. It’s being done under a nutritionist and a neurologist and even then for a max of two years.

Medical ketosis is a whole other level of diet. It’s not what weight loss people do. Refuah shlemah to her!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:01 am
Different things work for different people.

I've been benefiting from Intermittent fasting,16/8. Autumn Bates is a good, simple resource, lots of Youtube videos.

Good luck!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:01 am
Different things work for different people.

I've been benefiting from Intermittent fasting,16/8. Autumn Bates is a good, simple resource, lots of Youtube videos.

Good luck!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:03 am
I just want to add that I gave up hope 15 years ago after a horrible experience of ten years in oa. I had a sponsor hurt me more than anyone in my life, ever. It’s also my experience that the people I was having with, hundreds of them over that time, all seem to have lost their ways. I’m not judging, I never had my way then.

That said, I think I got a lot of insight from the 12 steps. When things happened as they did, I’d promised my self if I ever got into control again that I would fight tooth and nail to stay there. And then ketosis meant I didnt have to fight.

The sh**ty committee in my head shut right down when I went very low carb. My anxiety, depression and hormonal swings evened out. My gerd went away. I think I was ready perhaps because I tried the 12 steps seriously but that plan with the fruit and the grains, it was just too much for my insulin sensitive and resistant body to handle. I haven’t had that feeling like I HAD to eat in a REALLY long time.

Stable blood sugar, most things get fixed in my opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:32 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
The gory details are if I eat too much, I throw up.. Simple as that..

Thanks. And not just you, everyone who's posted.

malki2

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:35 am
andrea levy wrote:

Maybe you should learn about it. Do you really understand the long-term effects of keeping the body in a state of ketosis? I highly doubt that you do.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:39 am
malki2 wrote:
Maybe you should learn about it. Do you really understand the long-term effects of keeping the body in a state of ketosis? I highly doubt that you do.

It's probably better than the long term effects of being over 100 pounds overweight.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:44 am
You may decide to go low carb. May it work as well for you as the posters here.

For anyone who finds this thread, here's an alternative to consider that is also a switch of how you eat and people have been successful as well.

Check out Chef AJs monthly youtube videos.
She wrote a book the Secret to Ultimate Weight Loss.

You can read Dr McDougall's books or Dr Joel Fuhrman's Eat To Live or Weight Loss books. You can read Dr Michael Greger's books or check out his nutritionfacts.org

Check out Krocks in the Kitchen on youtube. They're current.

Whatever path you choose, remember the hardest part is the decision to do this. Every person who has lost significant weight and improved their health owes it to the bravery they exhibited when committing to change.

malki2

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:04 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
It's probably better than the long term effects of being over 100 pounds overweight.

See my first post on this subject where I said that. I was talking now about living on these diets perpetually, or in yo-yo dieting.

meme6

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:09 am
I did low carb and that’s my way of life. I get to eat lots of food I learned what I can and what not and I feel amazing on it! When I eat carbs I become bloated and just feel horrible.

malki2

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:18 am
andrea levy wrote:

“I feel great for the last three years” is a testimonial. It is generally not considered to be valid statistical data.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise