Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Dr. Mandelman Neuropsychologist

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:06 am
My sons therapist keeps pushing me to see Dr Mandelman to get to the root of his impulsive & sensory seeking behaviors, which are not responding according to conventional methods of therapy. He also struggles socially. Did anybody use him? Does he get to the root of things?? I’m looking for someone who will really dig to get to the root of what is causing these behaviors, as opposed to labeling him and sending us further into confusion.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:20 am
He is excellent! A brilliant man with an unbelievable amount of experience. He is spot on! Very credentialed. Highly recommend.
good luck!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:22 am
Relief recommended him for my husband after a trauma.

He spoke to me over the phone for an hour. No charge.

He told me he wont be able to help us and that's what I so much loved about him.
Didnt schlep us in for 800 dollars visit just to tell us I cant help you.

Amazing man.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:25 am
Wow! Sounds like a real mensch!
Has anyone else had experience with him with a young child with sensory issues amongst other behavioral challenges?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! Sounds like a real mensch!
Has anyone else had experience with him with a young child with sensory issues amongst other behavioral challenges?

Ask him. He will be upfront and honest.

A pleasure to deal with a professional that you can get an honest opinion from because he is not in it just for the money.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:40 am
He diagnosed my son in an amazingly accurate way bh.
We were very happy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Ask him. He will be upfront and honest.

A pleasure to deal with a professional that you can get an honest opinion from because he is not in it just for the money.

You can’t ask him directly. He has secretaries that schedule his appointments.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 5:27 pm
I used him couple years back. great! excellent! spot on! I was almost sure what diagnosis I was going for bec it all lined up just wanted a professional to tell me and get the official diagnosis. a pleasure dealing with him. professional and also great iwth yiddish speaking kids. he is all around very good. recommended by relief.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)