Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does a pleasant work environment exist?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:37 am
I work as an occupational therapist in a NYC public school. I've worked in a few different schools over the past few years and found all of them to be very unpleasant working environments. Nasty coworkers, unpredictable bosses, lots of yelling at the students and never feeling menuchas hanefesh or relaxed. There's this constant fear of someone checking up on you and demanding something. I'm considering switching employment due to the toxic environment but wonder if other people actually have it better. Is it possible to feel safe and comfortable in the work environment? I prefer hearing about the non-Jewish working environment, healthcare or school-based as those are my simpler options. Thanks in advance.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work as an occupational therapist in a NYC public school. I've worked in a few different schools over the past few years and found all of them to be very unpleasant working environments. Nasty coworkers, unpredictable bosses, lots of yelling at the students and never feeling menuchas hanefesh or relaxed. There's this constant fear of someone checking up on you and demanding something. I'm considering switching employment due to the toxic environment but wonder if other people actually have it better. Is it possible to feel safe and comfortable in the work environment? I prefer hearing about the non-Jewish working environment, healthcare or school-based as those are my simpler options. Thanks in advance.

I am currently receiving physical therapy I'm a a center in NYC & all the employees really enjoy their work environment. (I've asked them about it)
It seems like a really fun collaborative environment!
They have OT as well.

It's not healthcare or school based as it seems to be an independent center that just focused on PT/OT.

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:25 am
Thanks for the encouragement!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics