Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Wanna Lose Hundred Pounds. Fast
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 7:41 am
My husband is doing the Noom app and he is doing amazingly well! It teaches you how to make healthy choices.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 7:55 am
Just do weight watchers.
Not expensive
Effective
Supportive
Lots of food choices
Really works... it’s been around for decades!

I didn’t mean that you should learn about weight watchers from their website. I meant that you should search for a meeting place near you. I think you type in your zip code and it gives you a choice of addresses.
Go there and they will explain things to you.
It will only be hard for a few days while you are figuring out what to eat.
Honestly.. I ate a Stern’s pastry to go danish this morning. It was 6 points. Worth it (for me!)... I also drank a cup of coffee sweetened with (lots 🤫) of Splenda... soon I will have a weight watchers bbq popped chips bag for a 2 point snack together with zero point sugar free iced tea. Far from starving!!!!
But this plan holds me back from eating my daughters birthday cake, taking 3 pieces of challah, drinking iced cappuccino from the bagel store... and it’s okay because I have other treats and I’m loosing weight.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
My husband is doing the Noom app and he is doing amazingly well! It teaches you how to make healthy choices.

I was very turned off the way they tricked me into it and made it seem like something it wasn't
still might be a good thing. just my experience

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
My experience has been that emotional issues can make it very difficult to stick to a good eating plan.

In my case the combination of a scare (blood sugar results and family history) and having been working on my issues in therapy, I think and hope I will now have the siyata dishmaya to do what I need to do.

I am aware that I need to go the long route too but I would love to do something for immediate results

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:03 am
andrea levy wrote:
I can go anywhere and I always bring my own food do that if there’s nothing appropriate I won’t be hungry. I’ve attended weddings and bar mitzvah without eating. I actually always have a better time at those because I focus on people not food.

I’ve gone away to Shabbat programmes and made sure I had food with me. If needed I bring a cooler or make sure there’s a fridge available. I took my instant pot to a hotel. Or bring shelf stable things. I’ve done hotels, friends houses, you name it.

I make my needs clear and then being my own food in case there’s any surprises. A few weeks ago someone put honey in Israeli salad. I realized it, stopped eating and thanked hashem that I can tell When something isn’t right for me.

Tonight I discussed what will be available at the Purim seudah I’m invited to. With the Rebbetzin of my community. Yes, I asked her what’s on the menu, told her what we eat and she told me what will be ‘safe.’ I’m also bringing something she loves that I don’t eat.

My friends know how serious I am and they get that this is life and death for me. I’m happy to say that it’s not difficult for me and that I don’t suffer. No one goes away from my table hungry either.

Me 🔻100 since may 2017
Hubby 🔻30 since nov. 2018 but maintaining a larger loss of 60 since February 2017
Son 🔻60 since July 2017
Daughter 🔻15 maintaining. ( she was not obese and still goes back and forth/ is able to be metabolically fluid)
Mother 🔻60 or so since may 2017
Father 🔻15 or so but most importantly under 180 for first time in twenty years. And he is 80.

All of us healthy and doing great.

wow wow
this is so interesting

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
You may decide to go low carb. May it work as well for you as the posters here.

For anyone who finds this thread, here's an alternative to consider that is also a switch of how you eat and people have been successful as well.

Check out Chef AJs monthly youtube videos.
She wrote a book the Secret to Ultimate Weight Loss.

You can read Dr McDougall's books or Dr Joel Fuhrman's Eat To Live or Weight Loss books. You can read Dr Michael Greger's books or check out his nutritionfacts.org

Check out Krocks in the Kitchen on youtube. They're current.

Whatever path you choose, remember the hardest part is the decision to do this. Every person who has lost significant weight and improved their health owes it to the bravery they exhibited when committing to change.

can you tell me approximately what this concept is, along which lines?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Just do weight watchers.
Not expensive
Effective
Supportive
Lots of food choices
Really works... it’s been around for decades!

I didn’t mean that you should learn about weight watchers from their website. I meant that you should search for a meeting place near you. I think you type in your zip code and it gives you a choice of addresses.
Go there and they will explain things to you.
It will only be hard for a few days while you are figuring out what to eat.
Honestly.. I ate a Stern’s pastry to go danish this morning. It was 6 points. Worth it (for me!)... I also drank a cup of coffee sweetened with (lots 🤫) of Splenda... soon I will have a weight watchers bbq popped chips bag for a 2 point snack together with zero point sugar free iced tea. Far from starving!!!!
But this plan holds me back from eating my daughters birthday cake, taking 3 pieces of challah, drinking iced cappuccino from the bagel store... and it’s okay because I have other treats and I’m loosing weight.

you win!!!
it looks the most doable!
I found the meeting place, I am just nervous to walk in and not have a clue as to what to do

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
you win!!!
it looks the most doable!
I found the meeting place, I am just nervous to walk in and not have a clue as to what to do

Tell them you're new.
I found them to be very supportive to newcomers.
Report back.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can you tell me approximately what this concept is, along which lines?

Its WFPB eating. Whole Food Plant Based, no added oils, sugar, white flour. It is in effect an eating style high in complex carbohydrates, very low or no animal based protein. I dont want to muddy the waters too much because it's really the philosophical opposite of high protein low carb. I know people who have been successful with either. The goal is finding a plan you can stick with for about 20 years. The details are irrelevant.

Good luck OP! Adar is a great time to start this project!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 2:41 pm
Its WFPB eating. Whole Food Plant Based, no added oils, sugar, white flour. It is in effect an eating style high in complex carbohydrates, very low or no animal based protein. I dont want to muddy the waters too much because it's really the philosophical opposite of high protein low carb. I know people who have been successful with either. The goal is finding a plan you can stick with for about 20 years. The details are irrelevant.

thanks!
but why Adar? I would think it's hardest...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Tell them you're new.
I found them to be very supportive to newcomers.
Report back.

it's during a really hard hour and very hard day for me but I def wanna try to go

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
it's during a really hard hour and very hard day for me but I def wanna try to go

It’s always a hard time to start a diet..

It’s almost Chanuka, pesach, succos...
Family simcha, upcoming vacation...
I’ve pushed it off for years until I realized it’s just never convenient! You just gotta jump in to make it work!
There’s usually more than one meeting time ..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
It’s always a hard time to start a diet..

It’s almost Chanuka, pesach, succos...
Family simcha, upcoming vacation...
I’ve pushed it off for years until I realized it’s just never convenient! You just gotta jump in to make it work!
There’s usually more than one meeting time ..

true true

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 3:36 pm
Quote:
Its WFPB eating. Whole Food Plant Based, no added oils, sugar, white flour. It is in effect an eating style high in complex carbohydrates, very low or no animal based protein. I dont want to muddy the waters too much because it's really the philosophical opposite of high protein low carb. I know people who have been successful with either.
There's a whole body-type theory, there's a book about it.

Basically some people do well on carbs & some do better on proteins. I always thought I was a must-eat-carbs person until my blood test told me otherwise. I've been doing mostly protein (not meat though, more eggs & fish & legumes with a little chicken & sometimes cheese, not together of course : ) and I am amazed how not-hungry I am, once I got past the idea that a little stomach discomfort is NOT HUNGER!

Big talker I am, just started, I pray Hashem will help me continue, but I'm already thinking when I'm going to need to buy new clothing...

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 4:57 pm
malki2 wrote:
“I feel great for the last three years” is a testimonial. It is generally not considered to be valid statistical data.

You don’t need my testimony for research. I share my experience just like every other person on this thread. The original comment I was responding to had no more statistical data than my response. But I am well read and will and do regularly provide sources. If you want them, I’ll do it for you too malki2

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks!
but why Adar? I would think it's hardest...

Adar is a time of excellent mazal. You should be matzliach when you begin now. Also, Purim is just one, maybe 2 days.

Plan how to empty your house of the stuff now. Find a shul, a bikur cholim house, etc. to send the candy.

Plan to succeed!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 7:09 pm

You and I have more in common than with anyone who eats processed food. Also about it being a lifestyle.

Yoyo613

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 7:58 pm
Adar nissan is no good. Yiar is I need to eat after the pessach "mini trauma" sivan other excuse tamuz av is take out because its country time amd are in camp. Eluln IDK, I guess wedding season and sheva brochos season. Tishrei is again yom tov with nice menus. So dont procrastinate by saying ador is dificult. All months have excuses start now! The time is now

Yoyo613

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I don't go to the live meetings.
I pay around $30/month. I track all my food and movement on my app, and weigh in each week.
There are online chat groups on the app that I use for moral support. I especially like the kosher group.
Each day you track your meals, your movement and your weight, the app gives you points. The points are cashed in for free prizes. Nothing hugely fancy. Water tumblers, makeup bags, sweatbands.
But oddly enough, it does motivate me to track. And then the weight started coming off and it kept me even more motivated.
30 lbs in 5 months. Not crazy, but reasonably a healthy rate.

Which kosher group for chat? I dont see the original post. TIA

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:08 pm
The quickest way to lose a hundred pounds is to divorce your husband.

And before (or after) you hug my post for "derailing a serious thread" and "hurting people's feelings" I'd like to shout off the rooftops, "ITS ADAR! SMILE! you can do anything when you're b'simcha!"

No. Don't divorce your husband. I know he's a nice guy. #itsajoke
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise