Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What actually is the difference between PANDAS and ASD?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
1. So people who were diagnosed with ASD totally had their symptoms disappear?
I can't even imagine my son any different than who he is.
Also people say autism and ADD go together.
I have add and so does he(and probably more of my kids do)
I have questions about the idea that different things cause autism.
2. How is it that people with high functioning autism are extremely smart in many ways?
3. If something "caused" the autism wouldnt there not be an improvement in other areas?
Not looking to criticize anyone who feels this way or believes there's proof.
And please no hugs and no bashing me either.....it's not always easy.
I love my son dearly and yes we are going through challenges but he's a cute smart boy.

I numbered your questions for clarity.

1. I do know people who've had huge improvements to the point that if you wouldn't have known them before, you wouldn't believe it was the same child.

2. It's not that the entire brain is on fire. Someone can be extremely bright and have another part of their brain (basal ganglia) effected by inflammation.

3. I don't understand your question. Can you please clarify?

ladYdI

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:22 am
Even if somebody has pandas (or Lyme) that caused the asd and, maybe after months of antibiotics and other medical treatments the pandas mights go away and the asd symptoms might become less or even go away, during the time that they are presenting with odd behaviors that look and act psychiatric, they will benefit from seeing a psychiatrist who may additionally put him on psychiatric meds to deal and decrease the behaviors.
To clarify
Just because the psychiatric behaviors are coming from a (possibl) medical cause psych meds may still be necessary for the child to be able to function. And maybe if he truly gets healed medically he will no longer need psych meds.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:12 am
ladYdI wrote:
Even if somebody has pandas (or Lyme) that caused the asd and, maybe after months of antibiotics and other medical treatments the pandas mights go away and the asd symptoms might become less or even go away, during the time that they are presenting with odd behaviors that look and act psychiatric, they will benefit from seeing a psychiatrist who may additionally put him on psychiatric meds to deal and decrease the behaviors.
To clarify
Just because the psychiatric behaviors are coming from a (possibl) medical cause psych meds may still be necessary for the child to be able to function. And maybe if he truly gets healed medically he will no longer need psych meds.

and sometimes those meds cause more problems, especially in a child whose brain is still developing. Giving brain-altering meds can sometimes do more harm than good. It's not something I would even consider unless a child is a danger to himself or to others.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:50 am
So are all the following connected?
OCD
ADD
Anxiety
Tics
Socially awkward
Executive functioning

And what are there medications for?
He's not on anything and doesn't have all the above Boruch Hashem. I just want to learn the correlation
(Except melatonin for sleeping)

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:56 am
Yes. They are all connected and show inflammation in the brain. Depending where the inflammation is, that is where symptoms will manifest themselves.
Calming down inflammation and immune response to infection can really help with all those symptoms.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:58 am
Yes. They are all connected and show inflammation in the brain. Depending where the inflammation is, that is where symptoms will manifest themselves.
Calming down inflammation and immune response to infection can really help with all those symptoms.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:18 am
So are all the following connected?
OCD
ADD
Anxiety
Tics
Socially awkward
Executive functioning

And what are there medications for?
He's not on anything and doesn't have all the above Boruch Hashem. I just want to learn the correlation
(Except melatonin for sleeping)

No, these are not all connected. Someone can have one, but not the other. Someone can have a few. Someone can have none. Jews are especially prone to OCD. I don't even understand how someone could do such a disservice to society and suggest things are related when they are not, thereby denying legitimate medical care. You can investigate and see if there is a correlation, but many of these things are separate and may overlap. It depends on your individual child.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:24 am
Thank you
I'll do my research but if I had a specific doctor or organization to turn to it would be very beneficial.
So far it's neurologists, psychologists, regular mental health

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
No, these are not all connected. Someone can have one, but not the other. Someone can have a few. Someone can have none. Jews are especially prone to OCD. I don't even understand how someone could do such a disservice to society and suggest things are related when they are not, thereby denying legitimate medical care. You can investigate and see if there is a correlation, but many of these things are separate and may overlap. It depends on your individual child.

Have you done extensive research on all of the listed conditions?
We are working with a neurologist who has and he says it is all related.
No one said that a child who has one must have all of the symptoms. But it's not rare for a child who has one, to have more than one.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:51 pm
Thank you
I'll do my research but if I had a specific doctor or organization to turn to it would be very beneficial.
So far it's neurologists, psychologists, regular mental health

https://tacanow.org/family-resources/medical/
https://recoveringkids.com/

look up dr. dan rossignol, dr richard frye, dr kenneth bock, dr james neubrander, dr anju usman, dr robert naviaux, dr robert krigsman, dr bernard rimland, dr ben lynch, dr amy yasko

books: https://www.amazon.com/Healing.....r=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Eating-.....64407
https://www.amazon.com/Childre.....r=1-3
https://www.amazon.com/Recover.....r=1-7
https://www.amazon.com/Nourish.....fkmr0
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Psychol.....r=1-2

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:59 pm
ladYdI wrote:
To clarify
psychotropic medication have a time and place even in the world of biomedical healing but in conjunction with root cause treatment. Unfortunately, most mainstream psychiatrists jump straight to medication without giving a second thought as to what's causing the symptoms.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Have you done extensive research on all of the listed conditions?
We are working with a neurologist who has and he says it is all related.
No one said that a child who has one must have all of the symptoms. But it's not rare for a child who has one, to have more than one.

You have a neurologist who says the ADD, ODD, OCD, Autism, etc. are all related? Does that make sense to you? How? Maybe in a particular person, but the conditions are different.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:20 pm
You have a neurologist who says the ADD, ODD, OCD, Autism, etc. are all related? Does that make sense to you? How? Maybe in a particular person, but the conditions are different.

Have you studied the brain? Do you know which areas of the brain control which types of neurological or psychological issues? What if I told you that these behaviors all stem from the same area of the brain? Would that make sense to you?

It would be a kindness to other readers if you would be able to do some research before spreading misinformation.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:20 pm
Not that the symptoms are related (though each one of these conditions share some symptoms with the others, and yes, there is a high rate of comorbidity between ALL of these disorders), but they are related via root cause, iow inflammation to the basal ganglia.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:48 am
I'm a bit confused. Since PANDAS is being treated with antibiotics does that mean after the treatment the PANDAS goes away? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that mean that PANDAS has a cure whereas ASD doesn't?

Also wouldn't a psychiatrist be able to help treat the PANDAS symptoms a child is struggling with?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:30 am
A lot of misinformation on this thread.
ASD or being on the spectrum is not something that can be treated with medication. A person can go for therapy or social skills training to help learn needed skills. But it's something a person is born with. It's not something you can do a blood test for either.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:42 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Not that the symptoms are related (though each one of these conditions share some symptoms with the others, and yes, there is a high rate of comorbidity between ALL of these disorders), but they are related via root cause, iow inflammation to the basal ganglia.

Just like how spina bifida, osteoarthritis, scoliosis, spondylitis, etc. are in the spine?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
A lot of misinformation on this thread.
ASD or being on the spectrum is not something that can be treated with medication. A person can go for therapy or social skills training to help learn needed skills. But it's something a person is born with. It's not something you can do a blood test for either.
This is what mainstream med would like to have you believing. The fact is that lots and lots of parents, along with their informed drs ARE in fact healing their children from autism using all kinds of treatments including diet, supplements, herbs, etc. Medication and therapies are sometimes also part of the healing process, but they don't address the root cause.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Someone posted these on a pandas whatsapp group im a part of (heya everyone!). Check out these two. In this order.
https://www.suzannegazdamd.com.....andas

https://jbhandleyblog.com/home.....DN8Ew

And this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/he.....6ftXA

Is there a possibility for me to join the group?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Since PANDAS is being treated with antibiotics does that mean after the treatment the PANDAS goes away? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that mean that PANDAS has a cure whereas ASD doesn't?

Also wouldn't a psychiatrist be able to help treat the PANDAS symptoms a child is struggling with?
Some kids lose their asd diagnosis with pandas treatment. This indicates that it was pandas, not asd all along, and they were just misdiagnosed. Then there are kids who lose their pandas symptoms but retain some other asd symptoms, but those other symptoms can *also* be addressed using medical treatments. This is not common knowledge, but it's being done.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics