Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My son's don't go to shul. Dh and I argue alot about it
Previous  1  2  3

perquacky

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:28 pm
I'm assuming your shul doesn't have a junior congregation or teen minyan. Which is a shame. Most kids don't want to daven with their parents because it IS boring. Kids' minyanim start later and usually end earlier. And the kids learn how to daven--boys under 13 can daven for the amud in jr. cong. because it's really just practice.
Our shul has a hot kiddush every week for the teens, even when the main shul has a cold kiddush or none at all.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
You 2 not being on the same page about this is very harmful to kids, gives them mixed messages and won’t bode well for the future. If you dh doesn’t come around to,supporting you on this after you tell him how important you feel it is, you should get in touch with your rabbi or the boys’ rebbes and have a talk with them and your dh.

this concept about being on the same page is overrrated.

It is okay if children see parents disagree, so long as their isnt contempt and out to get each other.

I do not think it is important here for the mother to change her husband's mind. It is important for her to use her ingenuity to impart in her son an appreciation of Yiddishkeit.

Example :If a father has a hard time being proud of a son, should the mother stop liking him? This is ludicrous.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:02 pm
It's your husband's responsibility to make his sons go to shul - if they don't want to go he should make it more enticing for them. He's shirking off his responsibly and putting it on you by telling you that you just don't want them home. Maybe both of you should speak to a rav about this.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics