Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Coronavirus protection?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:25 pm
The coronavirus is spreading and I live in US and
I would feel calmer buying face masks but dh things I'm crazy
I'm wondering if anyone living in US Stock up on items and if yes what?
Did you buy face masks or hand sanitizer or any thing else for protection? And if yes what?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:00 pm
Bump

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:02 pm
I didnt buy anything. If your feeling flu like symptoms its most probably the flu

soap suds

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:03 pm
I live in the US and I didn't buy/stock up on anything. Life as usual, here. The only thing I'm stocking up on is plastic bags.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:10 pm
According to the CDC, the face masks that you usually see people wearing do not protect you from viruses. People generally wear them in very smoggy cities, where the smog particles are quite big. Viruses are extremely small and will get right through.

On the other hand, if you are contagious a mask will considerably reduce the chance of you infecting someone else in case you cough or sneeze.

Wash hands frequently with soap and water, especially after coming home from a public area like a supermarket, or riding a bus, subway, etc. Avoid touching your face as much as possible. Try not to touch your face for 5 whole minutes. Set a timer, and you will be amazed at how often your hands go to your face. You scratch an itch, rub your eyes, nibble a cuticle, rest your chin in your hand, you do it 100's of times each hour!

The most foolproof way to stay safe is what is called "social isolation", and it's just like it sounds. School closures, closed borders on cities, stalled transportation, and an end to any large public gatherings. Keep your exposure to other people at a bare minimum, and do not travel unless it is a life or death emergency.

Do what you can to boost your immune system. If you smoke, quit! If DH smokes, make him go out on the porch. This flu attacks your lungs like crazy. Take your vitamins, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink lots of fresh water, and get plenty of sleep.

Do your best to control fear and panic, because that stresses out your immune system in a big way, and will only make you more vulnerable. The more calm you are, the better chance you'll have of being healthy.

And most importantly, above all else, DAVEN! We have to do our part, but always remember who runs the world.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
According to the CDC, the face masks that you usually see people wearing do not protect you from viruses. People generally wear them in very smoggy cities, where the smog particles are quite big. Viruses are extremely small and will get right through.

On the other hand, if you are contagious a mask will considerably reduce the chance of you infecting someone else in case you cough or sneeze.

Wash hands frequently with soap and water, especially after coming home from a public area like a supermarket, or riding a bus, subway, etc. Avoid touching your face as much as possible. Try not to touch your face for 5 whole minutes. Set a timer, and you will be amazed at how often your hands go to your face. You scratch an itch, rub your eyes, nibble a cuticle, rest your chin in your hand, you do it 100's of times each hour!

The most foolproof way to stay safe is what is called "social isolation", and it's just like it sounds. School closures, closed borders on cities, stalled transportation, and an end to any large public gatherings. Keep your exposure to other people at a bare minimum, and do not travel unless it is a life or death emergency.

Do what you can to boost your immune system. If you smoke, quit! If DH smokes, make him go out on the porch. This flu attacks your lungs like crazy. Take your vitamins, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink lots of fresh water, and get plenty of sleep.

Do your best to control fear and panic, because that stresses out your immune system in a big way, and will only make you more vulnerable. The more calm you are, the better chance you'll have of being healthy.

And most importantly, above all else, DAVEN! We have to do our part, but always remember who runs the world.

Thank you so much for taking your time to respond. But N95 face surgical mask is suppose to be a good mask and suppose to protect fill viruses are these worth getting? Or also not?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:48 pm
I bought the last face mask on etsy.com
I always stock up on water

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:49 pm
Face masks are only meant to worn by those who are unwell. I read it on a news article earlier. No need to do anything. Daven and try to keep healthy. That's all we can all do at the moment.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:50 pm
While waiting for you’re turn at the doctors office it’s a good idea to wear a mask

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much for taking your time to respond. But N95 face surgical mask is suppose to be a good mask and suppose to protect fill viruses are these worth getting? Or also not?

If they are rated by the CDC for virus protection, then that's your answer. If you wear them and feel like you are suffocating, then they are probably air tight enough. Good luck getting the kids to keep them on. They'll probably take them off the second they are out of your sight.

Worry about the mask if you hear that there is an outbreak in your area, and you absolutely MUST leave the house. Otherwise, it's just going to be an annoyance for no reason. The basic rule is, if the mask is comfortable to wear, then it's not going to protect you. Ask anyone in the military who has had to train for possible exposure to chemical warfare.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If they are rated by the CDC for virus protection, then that's your answer. If you wear them and feel like you are suffocating, then they are probably air tight enough. Good luck getting the kids to keep them on. They'll probably take them off the second they are out of your sight.

Worry about the mask if you hear that there is an outbreak in your area, and you absolutely MUST leave the house. Otherwise, it's just going to be an annoyance for no reason. The basic rule is, if the mask is comfortable to wear, then it's not going to protect you. Ask anyone in the military who has had to train for possible exposure to chemical warfare.

I wear dust masks when I clean before pesach so I thought I might as well but the good ones

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wear dust masks when I clean before pesach so I thought I might as well but the good ones

I already saw on amazon today that the
?good? face masks are out of stock. Which one are the good face masks and where should we buy it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics