Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Am I the only one who doesn't get politics?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:34 pm
I'm quite intelligent yet when anything politics related comes up I completely tune out the conversation as I simply cannot follow it. I also have zero interest and wonder how others are super into it...and when I see a political related fight I find it amusing as I have no idea what is going on and why everyone is getting so heated...can anyone relate? Is something wrong with me?

malki2

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm quite intelligent yet when anything politics related comes up I completely tune out the conversation as I simply cannot follow it. I also have zero interest and wonder how others are super into it...and when I see a political related fight I find it amusing as I have no idea what is going on and why everyone is getting so heated...can anyone relate? Is something wrong with me?

No, a lot of people here don’t get politics. Particularly some of the ones who post on the politics threads. 😉

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:37 pm
I'm so not into politics, I don't get it even if I want to.
I barely know the difference between a Democrat and Republican.

hodeez

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:51 pm
It's all corrupt, no sense in keeping up.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:25 pm
I change the subject my twenty year old son tells me who to vote for I dont open the door to politicions looking for a vote

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:43 pm
I think it's natural to not be into something you feel disconnected from. I was super not into it until I joined student government in college and had a better idea of how things worked. Now I think it's important to know what's going on. Whether you ignore it or not, politics impact you and the people where you live. It influences who's making the laws as well as your nation's secure among other things.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:45 pm
I used to be into them, but right now I'm so disgusted by both parties and also don't really trust any news sources anymore and don't really know what to believe, so everything's gotten so hard to follow. Anyway, because I'm disgusted with both sides, I already know I'm voting third party anyway (as I did in 2016) so I don't see the point in trying to make heads or tails of any of it.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:57 pm
Arghggg finally!
I was just trying to wrap my brain around that thread about bans. WTH!
I never knew there was such a thing, as banning because of politics.
This is all just a bunch of people’s opinion of loony bins all trying to run the greatest country in the world.
I guess things got so bad..l

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:58 pm
malki2 wrote:
No, a lot of people here don’t get politics. Particularly some of the ones who post on the politics threads. 😉

Lol, so true!

amother [ OP ] wrote:

No, it just means you’re not interested. If you were, you’d listen, read up on it, etc., and be more knowledgeable on the subject.

hodeez wrote:
It's all corrupt, no sense in keeping up.

I disagree. One must have some knowledge so they can make informed decisions, and vote.

amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I change the subject my twenty year old son tells me who to vote for I dont open the door to politicions looking for a vote

I don’t think anyone, least of all your child, should tell you who to vote for.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I used to be into them, but right now I'm so disgusted by both parties and also don't really trust any news sources anymore and don't really know what to believe, so everything's gotten so hard to follow. Anyway, because I'm disgusted with both sides, I already know I'm voting third party anyway (as I did in 2016) so I don't see the point in trying to make heads or tails of any of it.

That’s basically the same as not voting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics