Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do working moms do about cleaning help?
1  2  Next

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:09 pm
Do you have, and if yes, WHEN?
My cleaning lady comes to clean twice a week when I’m not home, and DH had enough of leaving her alone..... which I totally understand.
One option is to get a camera. But is that the only way, or not having at all?
Looking for some suggestions please 😀

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:13 pm
Involve your Rav in the discussion, there can be kashrus issues with leaving someone non-Jewish or non-religious unsupervised in your kitchen.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:14 pm
I just started working again and this has been my dilemma. So far I’m going without cleaning help but it’s taking a toll on me. I am strongly considering one to come while I’m out of the home and have cameras all over.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:15 pm
We have two Nest cams out in the open, nothing hidden.

turca

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:21 pm
I have cameras.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:49 pm
I have cameras.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:50 pm
From a halachic standpoint: I have left non Jews in my home when I’m out. You do not need a rav. You just can’t leave wine that not mevushal or raw meats open. And don’t tell her to help herself to food. Prepare whatever meals and drinks she will need and leave out disposable tableware.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:01 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
From a halachic standpoint: I have left non Jews in my home when I’m out. You do not need a rav. You just can’t leave wine that not mevushal or raw meats open. And don’t tell her to help herself to food. Prepare whatever meals and drinks she will need and leave out disposable tableware.

Some Rabbonim may agree with this, but it is not universal. That's why she should involve HER Rav.

Cooked meats are also a problem, for the record. ANY "basar shenisalem min ha'ayin" can be an issue. Many Rabbonim say a camera mitigates this issue, but you do need to ask.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:06 pm
Put away non mevushal wine,
install some cameras,
leave her a list of things to do,

go to work.

That is what I do.

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:11 pm
Thank you all! Can anyone suggest a good camera to install?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:47 pm
I personally have never felt comfortable leaving a cleaning lady in my apartment without me there. But I do work from home a few days a week and I’ve had cleaning lady come on Sunday... so couldn be if this wasn’t the case then I would have to put up cameras and make myself comfortable with it.

momomany

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:49 pm
SS6099 wrote:

Nest
Wyze

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:53 pm
This is no joke. I once walked in on my cleaning lady cooking treif meat in one of my frying pans. Heads up if this ever happens to you do not overreact. Act amicable and friendly and ask if she ever did that before and if she did it's ok u just want to know... (That way she won't lie)

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This is no joke. I once walked in on my cleaning lady cooking treif meat in one of my frying pans. Heads up if this ever happens to you do not overreact. Act amicable and friendly and ask if she ever did that before and if she did it's ok u just want to know... (That way she won't lie)

That’s my husband’s biggest fear. He heard about something like that from a friend and that’s why he won’t leave her alone anymore. I don’t blame him!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:31 pm
SS6099 wrote:

Nest cams. Put one in the kitchen and one in your bedroom. Just stand it on top of the cabinet or on a windowsill and plug in. You get a fisheye full round view. Download the app to your phone and connect to WiFi. Bingo. Click on your app throughout the day to check in.

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:41 pm
Thanks!

Raisin

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 6:03 am
you can also look for someone who can come in the evening or sunday when you are home.

SS6099

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:07 am
Raisin wrote:
you can also look for someone who can come in the evening or sunday when you are home.

For sure. But those are quite difficult to find where I live ☹️

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:21 am
SS6099 wrote:
My cleaning lady comes to clean twice a week when I’m not home, and DH had enough of leaving her alone..... which I totally understand.

She come every evening at 18:00 till about 20:00. Thanks you hashem for this. I wouldn't survive without.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:06 am
SS6099 wrote:

I am the cleaning lady.
I wouldn't feel comfortable with one when I am not home and wouldnt feel comfortable when I am home.
But then again I dont live in a house yet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics