Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I Dare you...
1  2  Next

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:38 pm
.....to go back to an old thread you started and update us. Be it a decision you asked advice for or a problem you went through...we would love to hear the ending.

Maybe change the title to add UPDATE in it.

P.s. this is because of 2 threads that recently got updated and I really appreciated it.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:40 pm
Can’t find my post but mother passed away a month ago and
I’m feeling better now

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:09 pm
Lol while looking for old threads to updates I found that I started such a thread of updates in 2015 as well.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:16 pm
Years ago I wrote a family of kids who would play with my kids and open my
Kitchen closets and take food with out asking
Update the girl is now a woman married she recently came to visit while my daughter was visiting at home she went to the kitchen closet and ate my husbands last snack that he takes for work

fleetwood

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:50 pm
In 2007 I asked for names of movers in Brooklyn. I ended up using Moishas and have now been living in my home 12 years!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:05 pm
In 2015 I started this thread :
“Has anybody dealt with "burn out " before to the point where you gave up on living...find no purpose for yourself and can barely pull yourself out of bed...feel like no matter what I do it's not good..at home, at work etc.”

A few months after I wrote that , I was in a deep depression with suicidal ideation. I didn’t realize that this post was really depression at that time that I wrote it. I was put on medication for a year and Baruch HaShem my depression went away. Since then I’ve had ups and downs in life but never to the point of falling into the abyss. As certain challenges came my way since, I’ve learned to start healing my deeper issues from my childhood and I’ve been getting healthier and healthier in my heart and mind ever since. Reading this old post makes me feel so grateful to Hashem for how far I’ve come on this journey of life. I have been sent challenge after challenge but in the process I’ve witnessed so much growth within myself I thank Hashem for all of the ups and downs and in betweens , because it was all part of my journey for becoming a better version of myself.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Can’t find my post but mother passed away a month ago and
I’m feeling better now

Baruch Dayan Emes.

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:11 am
thunderstorm wrote:
In 2015 I started this thread :
“Has anybody dealt with "burn out " before to the point where you gave up on living...find no purpose for yourself and can barely pull yourself out of bed...feel like no matter what I do it's not good..at home, at work etc.”

A few months after I wrote that , I was in a deep depression with suicidal ideation. I didn’t realize that this post was really depression at that time that I wrote it. I was put on medication for a year and Baruch HaShem my depression went away. Since then I’ve had ups and downs in life but never to the point of falling into the abyss. As certain challenges came my way since, I’ve learned to start healing my deeper issues from my childhood and I’ve been getting healthier and healthier in my heart and mind ever since. Reading this old post makes me feel so grateful to Hashem for how far I’ve come on this journey of life. I have been sent challenge after challenge but in the process I’ve witnessed so much growth within myself I thank Hashem for all of the ups and downs and in betweens , because it was all part of my journey for becoming a better version of myself.

thanks for honestly sharing. keep going girl! you're an inspiration .

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:23 am
Delete

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:40 am
My update is here: https://app.thechesedfund.com/.....icted

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:17 pm
I updated the thread about anxiety taking over my life.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:53 pm
I updated "sad about psak"

bigsis144

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 1:07 pm
I updated about my 7 year old in public school. We tried to get him into a Jewish school, but they won't take him. It kills me but I'm not surprised. In a weird way, it's comforting that I can justify to myself having had him in public school all this time...

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....38640

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Years ago I wrote a family of kids who would play with my kids and open my
Kitchen closets and take food with out asking
Update the girl is now a woman married she recently came to visit while my daughter was visiting at home she went to the kitchen closet and ate my husbands last snack that he takes for work

Rolling Laughter

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 1:43 pm
I wrote so many posts in my shana rishona that I considered coming back on my 2nd anniversary to tie them all together but I cant find them lol they were all anonymous.

I did write the "haven't consummated" if anyone remembers, and I updated in there after that saga ended

chicco

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 1:44 pm
As I read the updates and check the original dates, I'm amazed at how much time has passed. Some of these threads feel like they were from yesterday.

It is also incredible to see how time (and therapy/hard work) can heal. It's nice to see that a person can be so consumed by something and one day, hopefully not so far away, see some sort of relief, either by the problem itself being worked through, or by working on themselves and giving themself a new perspective which creates a shift in their situation.

Kol hakavod to all.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:13 pm
I posted in the private divorce forum that we told the kids were getting divorced. Long story short, we’re still married and working very hard on our relationship. I can’t say I’m happy, but I don’t think I’ll ever truly be. But things are going very well, comparatively.

boots

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:06 am
If I had posted a sensitive question and then found some sort of closure or solution I would be very hesitant to post an update after seeing the results on that homewrecker thread. Maybe I would post the update and then immediately ask the mods to lock it? Why expose yourself to more criticism once you have already made a decision one way or the other and moved on?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:16 am
It is also nice to see the updates because many of them are surprisingly positive.
Forgive me but Imamother can be a negative place with so many real life problems. It gets to me sometimes and I have to distance myself for a while.
Although I know people are still struggling despite the positive updates, I'm really pleasantly surprised by some of them.
Kol hakavod to those of you who do.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:29 am
doodlesmom wrote:
.....to go back to an old thread you started and update us. Be it a decision you asked advice for or a problem you went through...we would love to hear the ending.

Maybe change the title to add UPDATE in it.

P.s. this is because of 2 threads that recently got updated and I really appreciated it.

I actually posted anonymous with a question and plan to post an update. Now it will have to wait though because you will figure out that it was me😊
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics