Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ali Express and Corona??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:29 pm
Is Ali not allowing purchases to be complete because of Corona?????
My niece and myself have been trying to complete a purchase and we both keep getting "oops"

Is it our internet glitch or is it not working n their website??????????

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:49 pm
I ordered a bunch of things two weeks ago and nothing has shipped and the sellers have not replied to messages. Then I realized its because of the coronavirus. Internet in some places has been shut down and most people are not going to work. Also, Chinese New Year has officially been extended this year until 2/18. So its pretty much closed.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:09 pm
Not Ali, but I ordered stuff from somewhere that makes them in China and they canceled my order, told me the factory is closed because of Corona virus.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:16 pm
I ordered some stuff few weeks ago didn't ship, seller wasn't answering my messages. By now I cancelled my orders.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:40 pm
Anything based in China won't be open now. And probably not for awhile.
It's very scary:(
Over 1,000 deaths there so far, over 42,000 have gotten sick Crying
Who knows how this will affect the economy worldwide, among other effects, so much is dependent on manufacturing there...I hope things don't tank, but no guarantees....

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 9:25 pm
I ordered something about a week ago and just got a shipping confirmation and tracking number!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:26 pm
This should be the biggest downside of Corona IY"H.

I only wish.

HelloG

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is Ali not allowing purchases to be complete because of Corona?????
My niece and myself have been trying to complete a purchase and we both keep getting "oops"

Is it our internet glitch or is it not working n their website??????????

I placed two orders and they didn't ship

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:32 am
I placed two orders around a week back and both shipped with expected arrival march 5-25

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:36 am

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:40 am
Whether your item will ship or not will depend entirely on where the warehouse is located. If the company is outside of a quarantine zone, and they can have access to the post office, then you will be fine.

I just went on Amazon to look for some things, and almost everything that wasn't made in the US was marked "Temporarily out of stock" or "Currently unavailable." It was eerie, like walking through an internet ghost town.

This is going to have a huge financial impact on companies like Etsy, Ebay, and Amazon. Basically any selling platform that depends on importing and exporting goods, especially from quarantined zones. In Israel a lot of people run small businesses from home, importing and reselling Chinese goods. They are out of work too.

Produce is rotting in the fields. Animals are not being brought to market, yet those animals still need to be fed and tended. Eventually supermarkets will run out of food, unless they find a way to bring more in without risking public health. Without food, we are all just a few meals away from anarchy.

It's going to impact the product transportation companies, the Customs employees, the airlines, the governments who depend on sales tax and VAT for a large part of their budget...

Even if not one more person dies from this virus, it's going to be years and years before we know the full extent of the financial damage done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics