Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Hampshire Hills neighbourhood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:21 am
I am looking into moving to the Hampshire hills neighbourhood in jackson, nj. Obviously, I will speak to a real estate agent, but can anyone tell me about the families living there? Types, where they send their kids to school, and exactly which streets the jews are living on. Where is the shul? Thanks for your help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:22 pm
Anyone????

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:12 pm
Another desperate bump. Nobody lives there, or knows someone who lives there?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:10 pm
I live in Jackson but not that area.
From what I hear it’s a little more “yeshivish”
Out of towny. Sounds like a mix of schools that people send to.
I know my response is vague but it’s all relative because I’m not sure where you’re coming from or looking for (frumkeit wise)

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:14 pm
The new rav is r' yoel and reena marton. They are amazing people. I know someone others living in the neighborhood. All very nice sweet people. The owner of my daughters school- nachlas by- lives there too... dont know you and most "yeshivish" questions are relative so idk how much I can help...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:20 pm
Thanks for responding amother blonde and red. (My hair's plain old brown😋)

My daughter is also in nachlas. (Hi!) From what I hear, the owner of nachlas is an 'older' family in the area, and most of the other families are younger? HOw young?

When you say the area is yeshivish, would you compare it to brookwood 1?
My family is frum, but from out of town. Looking for a "not lakewood-yeshivish" but rather more open minded/accepting/non judgemental neighbourhood. And we try not to feel pressured by "the Johns's", and I don't match my kids clothing😀( with eachother.)

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:28 pm
Don’t know about Hampshire Hills but just wanna say you sound so normal ! Come be my neighbor ! And my daughter is in Nachlas too . Anyways good luck with your research . A good realtor can guide you to the neighborhood right for you. Way better than Imamother.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:02 pm
I know Rena Martin for years. She is the nicest sweetest person. Maybe you can call her...

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for responding amother blonde and red. (My hair's plain old brown😋)

My daughter is also in nachlas. (Hi!) From what I hear, the owner of nachlas is an 'older' family in the area, and most of the other families are younger? HOw young?

When you say the area is yeshivish, would you compare it to brookwood 1?
My family is frum, but from out of town. Looking for a "not lakewood-yeshivish" but rather more open minded/accepting/non judgemental neighbourhood. And we try not to feel pressured by "the Johns's", and I don't match my kids clothing😀( with eachother.)

Correct-not “yeshivish” like Brookwood 1. Hampshire hills sounds up your alley...there’s also an area “Harmony farms” and “Flair” - both sound like what you’re describing and looking for. (I don’t live in any of those areas..doesn’t sound like you would want where I live Wink)

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:31 pm
The robinsons may have been the 1st frum family there, so yes they are on the older end of the families there... I think most people moving now have oldests under 10 y.o but I only know a handfull of people so I could be off and thats just the ones I know...

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Correct-not “yeshivish” like Brookwood 1. Hampshire hills sounds up your alley...there’s also an area “Harmony farms” and “Flair” - both sound like what you’re describing and looking for. (I don’t live in any of those areas..doesn’t sound like you would want where I live Wink)

No where near as "yeshivish" as Brookwood 1 (or 2, or 3)
I live in a neighborhood right near there, but from what I know there are really nice, normal, frum families there. Harmony Farms might be even "less yeshivish" then Hampshire Hills.

Keep in mind that as far as keeping up with the Jones its not like that there at all, but, the homes there are more expensive than say Flair or Harmony Farms which are a similar 'type' as HH, so the families living there may be on a tiny bit higher standard than families living in the other 2 similar neighborhoods.

Also, there aren't any specific blocks that are specifically more jewish. when a house goes up anywhere in that neighborhood most likely a jew buys so from the small amount of families living there, its scattered for now.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:13 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Don’t know about Hampshire Hills but just wanna say you sound so normal ! Come be my neighbor ! And my daughter is in Nachlas too . Anyways good luck with your research . A good realtor can guide you to the neighborhood right for you. Way better than Imamother.

Thanks for the invite! where do you live??? 😄

Did the Martins just move there? I would love to speak to women who live in the neighborhood. I guess Ill just have to ask Mrs. Robinson for phone numbers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
No where near as "yeshivish" as Brookwood 1 (or 2, or 3)
I live in a neighborhood right near there, but from what I know there are really nice, normal, frum families there. Harmony Farms might be even "less yeshivish" then Hampshire Hills.

Keep in mind that as far as keeping up with the Jones its not like that there at all, but, the homes there are more expensive than say Flair or Harmony Farms which are a similar 'type' as HH, so the families living there may be on a tiny bit higher standard than families living in the other 2 similar neighborhoods.

Also, there aren't any specific blocks that are specifically more jewish. when a house goes up anywhere in that neighborhood most likely a jew buys so from the small amount of families living there, its scattered for now.

I like that the houses in HH are newer than the houses in the other Jackson neighbourhoods.
Do you know where the people in the neighborhood daven on shabbos? (It can be the same place as during the week, I am just looking at the walking distance to homes.) how many families would you estimate are living in the neighborhood?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like that the houses in HH are newer than the houses in the other Jackson neighbourhoods.
Do you know where the people in the neighborhood daven on shabbos? (It can be the same place as during the week, I am just looking at the walking distance to homes.) how many families would you estimate are living in the neighborhood?

Yes, the neighborhood has a beautiful look and the house are very decent size with a basement and much newer than the other popular frum neighborhood in the jackson area. good for you that you can afford it Wink

They daven in someone's basement. I dont' believe there are minyanim during the week. (maybe just maariv?) not sure...

I'm really bad with numbers but I'd say there are probably like 35 families. I'm sure there's a list of the families with names and phone numbers. ask the robinsons. they likely have it and can send to you.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 7:39 pm
Are there any families age range upper 30s low 40s? And kids in high school? What are the names of the blocks where the frum are settling ?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Are there any families age range upper 30s low 40s? And kids in high school? What are the names of the blocks where the frum are settling ?

hardly. maybe 1 or two families that are 'older' no HS girls though as far as I know.

if a house goes up, likely a jew is buying it. its the nieghbrohood as a whole, not block by block. you buy a house you like and a few months down the line will likely have another 2-3 jews buying right next to you. just like all the other jackson neighborhoods.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
hardly. maybe 1 or two families that are 'older' no HS girls though as far as I know.

if a house goes up, likely a jew is buying it. its the nieghbrohood as a whole, not block by block. you buy a house you like and a few months down the line will likely have another 2-3 jews buying right next to you. just like all the other jackson neighborhoods.

I hear. Yes agree the whole neighborhood will be more or less frum over time the question Is more what age bracket it will attract. Will it be a predominately younger bracket or a mix of ages is the question. I’m not willing to take a risk moving there and than no older families follow suit..

frosting

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:08 pm
I am very familiar with the area.
If you are still looking pm me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries