Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Other Shaming

lilies

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:24 pm
Post all about the unfair shaming you've received.

Group therapy for all!

Parenting-shaming; When you think your tips will help me with my challenging kid, because your kids are well-behaved due to your superior parenting and discipline. Punch

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:33 pm
Not my story, but a funny one.

Boy were playing in the park. The mother of another child dragged boy to his mother, irate. She ranted at length that the boy had used the F word. The boy's mother kept insisting that he hadn't, and that she misunderstood. The other mother lost it, was yelling, complete tirade. Finally, boy's mother calmly said, "he has a speech impediment. We're working on it, but he cannot say that word. We'd actually all be glad if he could. So I don't know what you heard, but it wasn't that."

Another doozy. Boy hits girl. Girl immediately starts crying, "Moishy hit me. Moishy hit me." My kid was asked to leave. His name is not Moishy. Moishy was allowed to stay.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:41 pm
Sister I’m law said did you eat today after I toolki a lot of food
I’m
Heavy

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:42 pm
My kids are skinny a friend asked if I feed them

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My kids are skinny a friend asked if I feed them

I had a lady who didn't know me tell me that my skinny son needed to eat more (he eats more than I do and just never gains weight). An hour later, another son of mine came over to ask for a snack, which I gave him (a fruit). That child of mine is chubby, not alarmingly so, but something we keep an eye on. Lady told me I shouldn't be letting a chubby kid snack like that. The funny thing is, I'm not entirely sure she realized I was the same person she'd called out an hour ago for having an underweight kid...

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:00 pm
When my oldest was a baby he had lots of wax in his ears and also fluid in his ears. The doctor told me not to use q tips to clean his ears and not to insert anything in to clean them besides letting water run when I wash his hair. So I diligently listened to the doctor even though his ears had some wax by the opening. I was at a family simcha and my SIL was holding my baby and then said “You never heard of Q-tips?”

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:09 pm
Oy I wish I could hug some of these! People can be so nutty and invasive.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:24 pm
I was showing a pic of my grandchildren to a business associate who had come by, cuz I had just received an adorable vacation pic. Non-Jew looks and says, "kudos! You were obviously a teen mom and now look at you!"☹️☹️☹️ I imagine he thinks I got "knocked up" but still turned out 'fine' or whatever.. I must have looked shocked because he quickly said, "No judgement! No judgement!" And proceeded to tell me his life story..
Lesson learned. Keep your pics to yourself, foodie!

Also, why didn't it occur to him that maybe MY KIDS were teen moms?! Why me?

I was 22 at my first child's birth fyi. But I guess that's early compared to others...

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:10 am
Someone told me, you have your own parenting style, but..... Punch

And by the way, I think I have a better parenting style than hers but I would never tell her that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics