Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
New Day Care Near Westgate??
1  2  Next

CHMother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:04 am
My husband just sent me the following information: "there's a new CHS place near Westgate that says to call for not CHS rates. That means they might be cheaper. I forgot the name, maybe circle place or something like that."

We live in Westgate and are getting kicked off CHS for the coming school year. However, we both work full time so even the best hours of private babysitters are not going to cut it. We already reserved spots in home-based groups, but if we can get a place that does full hours and isn't on a "Bais Faiga schedule" it may be worth losing our deposits!

Any insights/contact info/other info (what type of place, what type of rates, etc.)?

CHMother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:06 pm
Bumping this, can't seem to find this anywhere! Checked in the BP today but it wasn't there Sad

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 11:37 pm
Peek a Boo is near Westgate. Not a new daycare.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 1:26 am
There's one in the Bnos Esther Malka building, right outside Westgate. I'm not sure what it's called.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 13 2020, 1:35 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
There's one in the Bnos Esther Malka building, right outside Westgate. I'm not sure what it's called.

There is? I'm there every day and never knew that. OP drive down Ridgeway and onto James. I know there are day care signs there but I've never paid attention to them.

Tomatoes!

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:42 pm
Hi, did you have any luck? I'm looking too....

CHMother

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:07 pm
Tomatoes! wrote:
Hi, did you have any luck? I'm looking too....

Nope Sad Still looking... In the meantime, I told my boss I'm going to have to cut my hours cuz I'll be on Bais Faiga schedule next year if I don't work this out.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:34 pm
It's under the auspices of Kollel Kinyan Torah / Kollel Chesek Shlomo (which was profiled in Mishpacha. I will try to get contact info for you.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 8:54 pm
I believe it’s circle time.
I don’t hVe the number sorry

CHMother

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It's under the auspices of Kollel Kinyan Torah / Kollel Chesek Shlomo (which was profiled in Mishpacha. I will try to get contact info for you.

Thank you! I spoke to my former neighbor, whose husband is the rosh chabura of the kollel. She's going to get me the info tonight. Sounds like it's going to be a great place! (She's not involved but she's sending her kids and is really happy with what she heard/knows about it)

CHMother

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:04 pm
The number is 732-370-6759. It sounds like they really have affordable rates for non-CHS!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:44 pm
I think I saw them advertise that they are opening for next year. I think its a new location under Kids at Play on 7th and princeton

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:45 pm
CHMother wrote:
The number is 732-370-6759. It sounds like they really have affordable rates for non-CHS!

Just curious-can you give me an example of affordable rates?
all the daycares I've called in the past ONLY accept CHS and would not allow me a slot to pay privately. are we talking about $500-600 range? more, less? thanks

Tomatoes!

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 4:02 pm
Yes. Just called, 2 yr old 600 and 3 yr old 450.
Hours are 9-315

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:24 pm
Tomatoes! wrote:
Yes. Just called, 2 yr old 600 and 3 yr old 450.
Hours are 9-315

I also spoke to them today and just posting as an FYI that they do have extended hours . I think it was 830-4, not sure.

I wish there were a way to see the facilities in advance. I hate deciding without seeing the place and getting to meet the Morah etc

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I also spoke to them today and just posting as an FYI that they do have extended hours . I think it was 830-4, not sure.

I wish there were a way to see the facilities in advance. I hate deciding without seeing the place and getting to meet the Morah etc

BTW morahs' at day cares won't necc. come back the next year so by meeting one so far in advance doesn't really mean anything 40% of the time.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:32 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
BTW morahs' at day cares won't necc. come back the next year so by meeting one so far in advance doesn't really mean anything 40% of the time.

True , I’d want to meet the Morah my child would have not just a random Morah

Simple1

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:45 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
True , I’d want to meet the Morah my child would have not just a random Morah

That's one advantage of sending to a private Morah. With a day care, you should check out the facilities, the general way it runs, and whether you trust the director to provide good care for your child. You may or may not be able to find out who your child's Morah is. Some places work thru the summer to fill last minute staff slots. A morah could switch to a different group for next year. (And it's not common, but a teacher could even stop in the middle of the year).

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:54 am
Simple1 wrote:
That's one advantage of sending to a private Morah. With a day care, you should check out the facilities, the general way it runs, and whether you trust the director to provide good care for your child. You may or may not be able to find out who your child's Morah is. Some places work thru the summer to fill last minute staff slots. A morah could switch to a different group for next year. (And it's not common, but a teacher could even stop in the middle of the year).

I know, but there aren’t many openings this time of year. My plans for next year fell through so I’m stuck looking at this time .

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:38 am
CHMother wrote:

IS this the number for the daycare or a private person?
Are they opening in the new building?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries