Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you can ban something, what would it be?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:17 am
Ban online grammar police we are not all English speakers on here שלום

southernbubby

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:50 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Done! Pesach, banned! Cheesecake recipes anyone?

I make cheesecake for Pesach although it isn't as good as the cheesecake for Shavous.

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 6:05 am
Laiya wrote:
Can we just ban pesach? Hiding

No, no, no. I like Pesach and want to keep it.
But I'm all in favor of banning Pesach cleaning. And as I'm at it, let's ban pre-mikveh preparations, too. It always feels like a Pesach cleaning for the body! I'd much rather just shower, brush teeth and jump in. Done.

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Ban online grammar police we are not all English speakers on here שלום

Yes. It bothers me so much, bc I'm so impressed that ppl are learning to speak, read, and wire in another langues and then ok are picking them apart.. It's so hurtful.

And I'm a native English speaker and don't speak another langues.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:12 am
thanks for sticking up for me !!!

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:17 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
thanks for sticking up for me !!!

;* Anytime.

It's just so easy to give ppl the benefit of the doubt and say. Maybe they don't know English well, or it's a typo they didn't see.

I guess I would also like to then ban ppl jumping to conclusions. Benefit of the doubt first!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:34 am
DH's answer:

1) computers (anything with a processor)
2) any non-prescription psychoactive substance

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:08 am
singleagain wrote:
Yes. It bothers me so much, bc I'm so impressed that ppl are learning to speak, read, and wire in another langues and then ok are picking them apart.. It's so hurtful.

And I'm a native English speaker and don't speak another langues.

And not everyone is typing on a full-sized keyboard. I text enough to have rachmanus and be dlkz.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:18 am
Thank you

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:11 am
I will give non native English speakers a world of slack, but I have zero tolerance for "text speak" and a wall of text with no punctuation or paragraph breaks.

I will not read it. If I try to read it I will get a headache. I most certainly will not take you seriously. I will assume you are still in middle school.

U, R, PPL, Y, and X are NOT WORDS!!! Mad

I made a spinoff. Let the battle begin! https://www.imamother.com/foru.....4#top

All you kids get off my lawn! Director

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Beyla

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:45 am
Loneliness.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I would ban people from having babies until they are licensed and proven to be able to be (healthy, appropriate) parents!

YES!!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:18 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Chocolate.

And then I would sell it in the underground.

Best response ever!

Very smart!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:19 pm
I would ban people from having babies until they are licensed and proven to be able to be (healthy, appropriate) parents!

That would be nice but it's a) impossible to do ethically, b) many people look like they'll be great parents until they actually become parents.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:53 pm
I would ban all yentas!!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:58 pm
Passover. Three day yom tovs

nechamashifra

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:15 pm
the expression "top" as in "top, top girl" (or boy)

zoom

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:20 pm
oodles! theyr my worst nash, get stuck in your teeth and you Cannot get them out!!
my kids know its the only nash I dont let!
not that it helps Can't Believe It (I often see them coming home with empty packets they quickly scoffed dowmn so I shouldnt see!)

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:28 pm
No but I want normal and stable families... I actually said this all the time when I worked in a special needs school.. most of the kids were only there bec of the parents issues... like living from one shelter to the next, new “father” figure coming and going, crazy people who had babies for fun or by mistake... thankfully most weren’t Jewish... it was so sad to see these kids who were begging for safely, stability and live and the parents were so dysfunctional, clueless and just yelled at them..

Sort of like the refrigerator theory of autism -- its always the mother's fault.

So, tell me, how do we decide who is appropriate parent material? Mental health tests? Physical health? Certainly we're going to require financial stability. What else?

Forced sterilization of people who don't meet the requirements? Or just mandated abortion?

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:32 pm
I'd like to ban poor reading comprehension. Just bc you misread the sign doesn't mean you are now entitled to whatever your understanding was.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics