Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kew Gardens or Forest Hills Mikvah
1  2  Next

mrsERK

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:06 pm
I am new to the KGH neighborhood and I wanted to hear about the different mikvahs in the area. I live in KGH and work in Forest Hills so I can really go to one in either place. I am a bit picky about mikvahs because I am coming from the Upper West Side where it is really like a spa. Is there any place like that in Queens? Or if not, which is the cleanest? I dont have a bathtub at home so I would need a place that I can bathe beforehand.

Thanks!!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:10 pm
mrsERK wrote:
I am new to the KGH neighborhood and I wanted to hear about the different mikvahs in the area. I live in KGH and work in Forest Hills so I can really go to one in either place. I am a bit picky about mikvahs because I am coming from the Upper West Side where it is really like a spa. Is there any place like that in Queens? Or if not, which is the cleanest? I dont have a bathtub at home so I would need a place that I can bathe beforehand.

Thanks!!

go to hillcrest. It's a few minutes from kgh and much cleaner. Most people go to Hillcrest...I've never been to the one in Forest Hills.

morah

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:14 pm
The nicest one is actually in Hillcrest. There's one in KGH that is decent, but not amazing. I don't know about Forest Hills, but I've heard they're raising money for a renovation.

mrsERK

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:14 pm
Thank you -
I forgot to add that I dont have a car, so I am at the mercy of public transportation. Hillcrest seems like I would need to take two buses and still walk for 10 minutes so that might be rough at night.

SacN

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:17 pm
I went to Hillcrest as a kallah (so probably had the nicest room), and didn't find it any nicer than the KGH one, which I use now. I don't think any of them are as nice as the one on the UWS, but I've never used the Forest Hills one.

I hope you manage to find what you're looking for though!

mrsERK

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:19 pm
Thank you all - it looks like the only commutable one would be the KGH one that is on Vleigh Place.
Do you know if you need an appointment? Also do their prep rooms typically have bathtubs or do I have to request that specially?

SacN

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 3:10 pm
You don't need an appointment except on Shabbos/Yom Tov, and they have rooms with baths, but not every room. When you walk in, they ask which you want.

And welcome to KGH!

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 2:36 pm
SacN wrote:
You don't need an appointment except on Shabbos/Yom Tov, and they have rooms with baths, but not every room. When you walk in, they ask which you want.

And welcome to KGH!

I was about to say the same thing -- couldn't help but comment on your location: "the out of town of in town", ROFL!!! That is EXACTLY how I felt when I lived in KGH many moons ago (and working with an office full of Brooklynites in the city)... Smile

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:32 am
bumping this up: anyone with any info on mikvah in forest hills?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:40 am
Great neck is close enough if you're looking for a nice mikvah. (Half hour drive of that doesn't bother you)We have two and both are comfortable and clean. In addition the mikvah ladies here are not inspectors. I started using Great Neck synagogue mikvah more and I haven't waited for a room once in the last 4 years....

The two are called mikvah Moshe and great neck synagogue.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:42 am
I'm not op, I bumped up this thread for info about forest hills.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:05 am
There's a New Mikvah on 108 Street in Forest Hills. It's really beautiful, like a spa. It's at Beit Gavriel.

ccwife

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:15 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
There's a New Mikvah on 108 Street in Forest Hills. It's really beautiful, like a spa. It's at Beit Gavriel.

Do you need an appointment?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:20 am
ccwife wrote:
Do you need an appointment?

Not during the week. I went recently and the attendant was so gracious and welcoming. It's really unusually beautiful.

ccwife

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:24 am
Not during the week. I went recently and the attendant was so gracious and welcoming. It's really unusually beautiful.

Ok thanks!! I've been going to the KGH one just because thats where I went the first couple of times but something nicer does sound better.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:26 am
ccwife wrote:
Ok thanks!! I've been going to the KGH one just because thats where I went the first couple of times but something nicer does sound better.

It's beautiful. Parking is harder but if you have the extra time and want a more relaxing experience give it a try! I wish all mikvaos were this beautiful.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:43 am

Where can I get more info? Website? Phone number?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:44 am
The Hillcrest one is nicer than Vleigh but the new forest hills is no comparison. Parking is harder but if you have the extra time and want a more relaxing experience give it a try! I wish all mikvaos were this beautiful.

What do you mean that parking is harder?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:45 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Where can I get more info? Website? Phone number?

Google it. I think beer miriam vyaffa. Not 100% sure

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
What do you mean that parking is harder?

You need to look for a spot on the street. Not as easy as kgh and definitely harder than hillcrest.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries