Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is there a list of kosher venues in TelAviv-Yafo?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:11 am
I was invited to a company event at a venue in Yafo.

The venue's website doesn't mention kashrut, although I see they are closed on Shabbat.

I left a message on their website asking about their teudah, but have not received an answer yet.

Is there a list of kosher venues by city that I can look up?

Metukah

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:17 am
Do you want to post the name maybe someone can tell you?

Either way, if they are closed on shabbos I think it's safe to assume they have at the very minimum a rabbanut hechsher.

Even if it's not a good enough hechsher you can go and either don't eat or eat a side dish like fries or rice.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:26 am
Metukah wrote:
Do you want to post the name maybe someone can tell you?

Either way, if they are closed on shabbos I think it's safe to assume they have at the very minimum a rabbanut hechsher.

Even if it's not a good enough hechsher you can go and either don't eat or eat a side dish like fries or rice.

I can't assume that is they are closed on Shabbat that they are kosher. Last time our company invited us to someplace that was closed in Shabbat but there was no teudah at all. They told me on the phone that each event is either meat or dairy, but they use the same plates and silverware for both. "But the food is kosher!" Smile

Here is the place: https://www.lawrence.co.il/homepage/

I left a message on their website a few days ago and have yet to hear back. I guess I can call them...

Lizzie4

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:30 am
https://yeahthatskosher.com/20.....aviv/

Metukah

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:33 am
Oh no. That doesn't sound good.
Also, the fact that their website doesn't say if its kosher is not a very good sign.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:36 am
You have to call and check every single time. Places are always losing their heksher because they don't want to pay for the inspections and teudah, and other places are always getting new hekshers because they want to draw in the frum market. You can't rely on something that was kosher last week. I always check when I go someplace, even if I go there all, the time. Unless you know the owner and know that he is meticulous about kashrus, you can't take any chances.

There used to be this vegetarian restaurant in Seattle that had delicious Thai and Vietnamese food. They kept loosing their heksher because the employees were buying cheap, non kosher products and pocketing the change. The owner would send them to the store to buy X brand of something, they'd come back with Y brand, and hope that nobody noticed. It was a real problem, and eventually the Va'ad refused to work with them. It was a shame, because the owner did try. (I also think there was a language/culture issue and miscommunication.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:43 am
I just called them. They have a teudat kashrut (Rabbinut).

Smile

I thought perhaps they would not because I saw a gay wedding on their website...

imasoftov

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:48 am
The Tel Aviv Rabbanut website says that The Lawrence is under their supervision. The mashgiach's phone number appears there in case you want to ask him for more information.

I learned this by Googling כשרות הלורנס.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions