Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary; please give your answers now!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 6:39 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My daughter’s teacher have always praised her good middos on her report cards and at PTA.

But middos do not to seem to be taken into consideration by schools and seminaries, as she is not an A student-we went through a very difficult time securing a spot in a HS for her.

She was now rejected by the two seminaries she applied to as well.
Thank G-d there are local seminaries, but it’s still painful for my daughter, as almost all the girls got accepted and are going to seminary aboard.
She really had her heart set on going, but gam zu letova.

There's definitely something wrong with the system.... They are all boasting high academics and looking for particular girls. I'm asking myself what happens to the non straight A students.
Your daughter should gain the maximum from her year even if she's local and not with the majority who are going to Israel. I hope with time she can (and you as well) feel positive about where she goes.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:29 am
The seminaries (in E"Y) are a business. They try to accept a certain type of student who will give them a name, so that lots of applicants continue to want to go there. It's a combination of personality, grades, reputation, etc...

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:41 am
Chayalle wrote:
The seminaries (in E"Y) are a business. They try to accept a certain type of student who will give them a name, so that lots of applicants continue to want to go there. It's a combination of personality, grades, reputation, etc...

Right.
Same with high schools.
BTDT more than once.
The hypocrisy of the lecturing about the importance of middos etc..yet show no recognition or acceptance of many girls with sterling middos because they have no perceived “value” to add to the school.
It’s all about the brand.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:41 am
Right.
Same with high schools.
BTDT more than once.
The hypocrisy of the lecturing about the importance of middos etc..yet show no recognition or acceptance of many girls with sterling middos because they have no perceived “value” to add to the school.

Sounds like the Gam...
R Kahanas son was learning non stop for 25 years
Never left his house.. Then he went to the market place and no one would give him a drink without paying..
He complaained to his father so he gave him a precious diamond and told him first ask the tanner to appraise it
Then the pottery seller, finally the diamond merchant..

Torah is infinitely more valuable ...

Your daughter is better than these seminaries..

Last edited by naturalmom5 on Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:51 am
Right.
Same with high schools.
BTDT more than once.

I agree to a large extent. To much to go into here.
But for those who are saying my daughter can go somewhere local, there is no seminary local to where I live. Everyone goes to EY. Seminary is more important for out of towners than in-towners.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I agree to a large extent. To much to go into here.
But for those who are saying my daughter can go somewhere local, there is no seminary local to where I live. Everyone goes to EY. Seminary is more important for out of towners than in-towners.

That must be challenging.
I'm sorry.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics