Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
JewishFoodie for president
1  2  Next

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:57 pm
Running mate: FF

Whose with me? Twisted Evil

Who would you vote for?

(FYI I'm not in the USA, so this is purely speculative.......)

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:20 pm
What's their platform?

simba

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:22 pm
This isn't fair. What happened to the whole debate? We skipped the fun part.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:38 pm
Apologies.
I've been feeling down lately, and JF's humour has helped me 'tremendously'. Coupled with FF's pragmatic wisdom, I think they would have a winning team.

I'm happy to entertain the idea of hosting a debate for other candidates and their running mates..... who would moderate?

Wit, charm, honesty, integegrity.... all will add points.

If they take themselves too seriously, they are OUT!

b.chadash

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:44 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
What's their platform?

Well we know what JF would ban the first 100 days in office: quinoa!

browniebar

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:44 pm
FranticFoodie...I'm down!

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:46 pm
Love it! And love your SN!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:25 am
I would want Fox for president, but to each its own. Sorry JF!

Mods, please change to the correct forum. Shouldn’t it be in politics Very Happy ?

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:14 am
I hate politics . I do love the imamother running party.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:56 am
yo'ma wrote:
I would want Fox for president, but to each its own. Sorry JF!

Mods, please change to the correct forum. Shouldn’t it be in politics Very Happy ?

That’s so thoughtful of you, then she will be able to afford her dream handbags!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:13 am
I humbly accept this nomination! What exactly does a Vice President DO, except wait for the President to get shot? (CVS) What

I would happily run with JewishFoodie or Fox. I hope that SixofWands will be in the cabinet, because she would help balance out the party with well reasoned counterpoints. Marina would also be a welcome addition.

Of course, Marina and Six could form their own party, but I'm all about coalition building. Being a Libertarian and all, I like to hear from both sides of the aisle.

Hmmm, who do we want for foreign policy?

PSA: Please don't turn this into a popularity contest. We can have fun with this thread if we pretend to take it seriously, and argue our positions. Wink

sequoia

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Me and Grace

keym

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:18 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I humbly accept this nomination! What exactly does a Vice President DO, except wait for the President to get shot? (CVS) What

I would happily run with JewishFoodie or Fox. I hope that SixofWands will be in the cabinet, because she would help balance out the party with well reasoned counterpoints. Marina would also be a welcome addition.

Of course, Marina and Six could form their own party, but I'm all about coalition building. Being a Libertarian and all, I like to hear from both sides of the aisle.

PSA: Please don't turn this into a popularity contest. We can have fun with this thread if we pretend to take it seriously, and argue our positions. Wink

The VP stands around, smiles, claps and looks pretty.
It's a great job for you. LOL
Cheers

The problem is that publicly, the Vice President supports all initiatives of the president.
Are you prepared to publicly disavow quinoa and tell us how it looks like pinworms?
That might be a challenge for you.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:20 am
Quote:
I humbly accept this nomination! What exactly does a Vice President DO, except wait for the President to get shot? (CVS)  

I believe he's just been put in charge of the response to covid-19. Apart from that I have no idea.

Advice on covid-19: avoid it.
Failing that I will volunteer for two weeks self-isolation (after Purim) to get the Pesach cleaning done!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:27 am
I can clap and be pretty with the best of them! Applause Lady

It's kind of like being a royal princess, and knowing that you'll never get to be queen.

If I get caught eating quinoa in secret, will it cause a national scandal? Otherwise, I don't know how I'll survive Pesach.

Our platform needs to include encouraging foreign trade, especially of spices. Otherwise, JewishFoodie and I are out of here. You can pry my Garam Masala from my cold, dead, hands!

As a Libertarian, I am pro choice on cilantro. Your taste buds, your choice!

keym

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:34 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I can clap and be pretty with the best of them! Applause Lady

It's kind of like being a royal princess, and knowing that you'll never get to be queen.

If I get caught eating quinoa in secret, will it cause a national scandal? Otherwise, I don't know how I'll survive Pesach.

Our platform needs to include encouraging foreign trade, especially of spices. Otherwise, JewishFoodie and I are out of here. You can pry my Garam Masala from my cold, dead, hands!

As a Libertarian, I am pro choice on cilantro. Your taste buds, your choice!

You better be careful about quinoa. You have to hide it, disguised as something else, and sneak it into the office.
Eating it publicly will be grounds for immediate impeachment. So you can be sure that all your enemies will be waiting and watching carefully for you to mess up.
And by enemies, I mean the anti foreign spice PAC, the only american spice PAC, the PAC that mandates cilantro in everything, the quinoa PAC, and of course the eating disorder PAC.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:50 am
Aaaaaaah.

Now I can sit back and watch the master wits debate!
This is balm to soothe my soul!

If there were to be a debate, who would dare to run against FranticFoodie?

I love the idea of a team for international policy.
What about one for 'race relations' (I'm referring, of course, to whether races will be held in Tokyo this summer for the Olympics).

Should we have paparazzi? Who should design the suits (I mean hazmat of course) for the politicians. Would a pill-box hat 'do' as a double cover?

Oh! The possibilities are infinite!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:01 am
If jewishfoodie provides free donuts for everyone every rosh chodesh then she gets my vote!

Fox

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 12:16 pm
I, too, would run on an anti-quinoa platform. Also anti-kale.

Though I'm staunchly against hate speech legislation, an obvious exception is talking about P****h before Purim. We have to send a clear message that our nation will never condone that kind of behavior.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 2:05 pm
Fox wrote:
I, too, would run on an anti-quinoa platform. Also anti-kale.

Though I'm staunchly against hate speech legislation, an obvious exception is talking about P****h before Purim. We have to send a clear message that our nation will never condone that kind of behavior.

I'm glad you were so open about your platform.
I am pro-quinoa AND kale, and have been talking about Pesach for two weeks already Sad Laugh

Fox, who would you choose as your running mate?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics