Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do your kids only get sick/injured on Friday afternoon?
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:09 am
singleagain wrote:
Between the bolded and amarante .... I wonder if the Friday stuff sticks out bc it was Friday

I really believe it does. Think about when you tell over the story of how you/your kid suffered some injury than needed more than a bandaid or an ice pack. "Hey, remember that time in seminary when I twisted my ankle on the tiyul?" vs "Hey, remember that time in seminary when I twisted my ankle on erev Shabbos and it was so crazy running to get an xray and then make it to ours hosts in time?" When it's erev Shabbos, it really, really sticks in your mind and is a pertinent detail when you recount it. When it happens on a different day, it may still be memorable, but unless it was really really bad, or you were having a baby, the day of the week is unlikely to be a detail you'll remember.

yc

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:24 am
I have so many stories, I don't even know where to start!
b'h for active children (and teens)!

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:21 am
yc wrote:
I have so many stories, I don't even know where to start!
b'h for active children (and teens)!

BH! Though at times like this, it makes me wish they had screen time! LOL

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:45 am
You know the din that one should daven mincha on erev yom kippur before seuda hamafsekes so that if he chokes, it least he's said viduy? Well...
DH got a piece of food stuck in his esophagus right before yom kippur. G-d bless the hatzola guys who were so kind even though the timing was terrible. (DH was fine after the food dislodged.)

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:34 am
Hey, I missed this thread.
(I know why, because dc was sick that day...)
Yes! This is us. Dc gets sick every erev yom tov (spent some in ER or in PICU) & almost every Er visit happens Friday...
I actually wrote about it once. Lemme try to find & post if anyone interested... it’s long...

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Hey, I missed this thread.
(I know why, because dc was sick that day...)
Yes! This is us. Dc gets sick every erev yom tov (spent some in ER or in PICU) & almost every Er visit happens Friday...
I actually wrote about it once. Lemme try to find & post if anyone interested... it’s long...

I'd love to read it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics