Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Clifton Cheder/ Bais Yaakov of Clifton
Previous  1  2

amother
Red

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:35 am
What can you tell me about the Bais Yaakov of Clifton and any extra support they might have for kids that need it?

amother
Red

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 10:35 pm
Bump

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
This actually is not true!
The principal and local rebbeim do sent their kids.
HAshakafically - the school is rw.
It does not focus on petty externals and is far more accepting and tolerant while still upholding the right wing view.
Parent body are authentic frum jews of all kinds and have in common their authenticity , commutment to growing as Jews and disregard of materialism and shtus that unfortunately seem to get in the way at other frum institutions.
Go visit. The energy is palpable.
You get what you see

Its the real deal
And nothing is perfect -

I couldn’t have said it better!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 9:33 pm
What can you tell me about the girls school?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:48 pm
Anyone?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:09 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I have a kid there.

I'm quite aware that SOME of the staff have their kids there, but it is not typical. No one is saying they are lacking in frumkeit/hashkafa, but to say that the mainstream Lakewood type of rebbeim send their kids to the Cheder would be an outright lie. I don't want to speak loshon hora, so I'm choosing my words very carefully. While the school does have what to offer many kids, please do not pretend the school is what it's not.

From my impression it seems to be that newer staff are sending their younger kids there, but older kids who are already settled in YKP are not going to be switched over at this point. I assume most feel that it's not good for their older boys to lose all their friends when they are already established in a school, but are starting off their younger kids there. Also girls school is only up to 2nd grade at this point, so if staff have older girls at a different school it would make sense and be easier to send all girls to the same school.

This is my impression from a few conversations I've had

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:33 am
Why does Bais Yaakov only go up to 2nd, if boys go up to 8th? What can you tell me about the girls school? Is there a resource room? I’m considering sending there.?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:56 am
As far as I know the girls department closed down and then reopened a few years ago. They started with pre1A and have been building up. Next year there will be a 3rd grade, the following year 4th, etc

I don’t send there yet but am also considering it so I’ve done some research

They have a resource room but I’m not sure how extensive it is. That’s a question I think you should call and ask the school

They are expanding and bought a new larger building in Clifton where they are moving the preschool and boys division starting September 2020. Girls will stay in the current building. That will also allow room for expansion for both divisions

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 9:33 am
Thanx, I spoke with the school, and was told that they have 1 woman working in their resource room. I anticipate that my daughter will need the extra support, and was wondering if anyone’s daughter had also needed it, and found her to be helpful, enough support?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 1:30 pm
Bump?

amother
Red

Post Sat, Feb 29 2020, 11:54 pm
Bump

amother
Red

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 10:35 pm
Any updated info? I’m still considering it..

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 7:35 am
Bump
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics