Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Flatbush 8-9 yr old girls shabbos socks/tights??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 7:49 am
What do 8-9 year old girls wear on their legs in the spring/summer shabbosim?
Until this year, my daughter wore short frilly socks, but I feel like she's too old for that. I'd do knee socks, but she is insisting that light colored knee socks look chassidish...
It's probably too early to start with nude tights- she'll look like a little lady!
What do girls this age wear?
Girls from Schools like bnos yisrael, BYA etc.

Thanks!!

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 8:00 am
Shabbos knee socks in soft colors--very pale grey etc. Not chassidish looking if you don't leave dresses too long.
If you are doing short socks, not frilly. Simpler short socks, like Condor, are more stylish and polished looking.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 8:16 am
Chassidish girls don't wear knee socks.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:41 pm
I've seen 9 year olds in nude tights. Also white/off white depending on the outfit. Don't know what the issue is with shabbosdik knee socks but I guess see what her friends wear?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:50 pm
Thanks for the responses.
I'm definitely going to check what her friends are wearing, but I really would like to hear from people, since I'm doing my spring shopping this week

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:51 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Shabbos knee socks in soft colors--very pale grey etc. Not chassidish looking if you don't leave dresses too long.
If you are doing short socks, not frilly. Simpler short socks, like Condor, are more stylish and polished looking.

Thanks for responding. What color would go best with gold/ champagne color shoes?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 1:01 pm
Best bet is bring the shoes and outfits to the sock store. They will help you find what works best.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 3:07 pm
Eyelet socks in white and cream look great - the lacy part breaks up the white knee sock look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries