Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Hpv gardasil: sakanos nefashos
Previous  1  2  3  4

Refine

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:50 pm
I'd be wary of my daughter marrying someone who's had the mumps.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 3:30 pm
Refine wrote:

My (male) cousin had the mumps as a bachur.
He’s married with beautiful children.
Mumps is dangerous for fertility only if there are rare complications, which again, are very rare.
Childbirth can also have complications ch”v and so do many other things, like ear infections.
But with mumps somehow the power that be choose to magnify those rare complications, to scare the daylight out of the world.

By the way, my boys did get the MMR vaccine.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 3:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
My (male) cousin had the mumps as a bachur.
He’s married with beautiful children.
Mumps is dangerous for fertility only if there are rare complications, which again, are very rare.
Childbirth can also have complications ch”v and so do many other things, like ear infections.
But with mumps somehow the power that be choose to magnify those rare complications, to scare the daylight out of the world.

By the way, my boys did get the MMR vaccine.

DH got it after we were married. Had kids after.
Dr. told us at the time no issue. Chances are very slight.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Of course I'd keep home. What's the question?

Remind me how this is related to trusting the medical establishment regarding the HPV vaccine?

Exactly. That's what I thought you'd say.

And it shows that you are moderate, middle-of-the-road, not going by conspiracy theories and crunchiness and anti-vax propaganda, like the vast majority of today's anti-vax mothers.

During the measles outbreak almost everyone my age who I spoke to, who does not vax, believes that measles is no big deal and thought that a request not to take the child out was infringing on the family's and child's freedom of movement and right to choice. And a lot of them thought they were davka doing everyone else a favor by allowing them to gain antibodies naturally.

So, you don't trust the medical establishment when it comes to the HPV vaccine but you're also not buying conspiracy theories about Big Pharma, and I'm going to guess that you also aren't about to discredit every single vaccine study showing that vaccines (even such as polio) are safe as being biased and made-up by Big Pharma.

Meaning, when I'm talking about these communities and thinking for yourself etc. I'm not referring to your generation. Or to people who take the middle road like you, making choices for yourself but not purposely exposing others.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 8:25 pm
Refine wrote:

I'm wary of my daughter marrying someone who didn't have the mumps as a young child
I wouldn't know when their vaccine immunity wanes and if they're susceptible to mumps during adulthood which would have the chance of causing fertility issues vs they'd gotten it as a young child and immune for life

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm wary of my daughter marrying someone who didn't have the mumps as a young child
I wouldn't know when their vaccine immunity wanes and if they're susceptible to mumps during adulthood which would have the chance of causing fertility issues vs they'd gotten it as a young child and immune for life

Are the children in your community all exposed to the mumps as children? That's so interesting. Are there cases every year?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well we'll see what shidduch dating looks like in 20+ years or how he goes about it, but yeah to have a conversation about their health, absolutely.
OP, a conversation about health does not mean asking about specific vaccinations. That is completely not your call to make.
I feel very sad for the shidduch world, I really do. It becomes more and more skewed every day. I remember a thread about asking when the girl got her period, or something like that.

OP, some things are not meant to be asked unless the guy and girl are talking about these things themselves, but a mother does not or should not, get to decide if their child will go out with someone based on the vaccines they did or did not get.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:17 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Or follow mass hysteria.

For me - it’s funny - posts like this have the opposite affect.
It’s written in such a way to insight mass hysteria it kind of makes me feel like the points against the vax are just real hysteria.
It’s like science vs hysteria. Which do I believe. And in which direction do I take a risk with my child’s health.

Like you write about young women’s bodies shutting down suddenly immediately after getting the shot and dying. How many young women did this happen to? I’d imagine if it was happening as often and as immediate as you make it sound it would be all over the news. It’s scary it has happened to so many women in your community. That must be traumatic.

This, exactly. It took my father 5 years to get his diagnosis of Multiple Scleroris, and the way this article is written, the girls got the shot and boom! Multiple Sclerosis. It is not accurate or fair. Its fear-mongering.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics