Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Forgot again!
Previous  1  2

cbsp

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:33 pm
I have a relative who has a "bentching bracelet" that she puts on her left hand when she washes and only switches it back to her right after she bentches.

Maybe a similar tactic would work for you

avrahamama

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:35 pm
cbsp wrote:
I have a relative who has a "bentching bracelet" that she puts on her left hand when she washes and only switches it back to her right after she bentches.

Maybe a similar tactic would work for you

Wow! Good for her. I could try that with a ring.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OP, I'm the same, and I don't even have little kids to blame it on. I just have super bad ADD.

I try to time my trips to the bakery for the days they bake mezanot bread, and otherwise I'll just have crackers with a meal. Hamotzi is a treat for Shabbos.

How does this help if you still have to say Al hamichya?

The bracelet idea is awesome.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:42 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
My problem is that I rarely get a chance to FINISH. I want another slice/sandwich, but I can barely finish the one I have before being pulled off to another urgent matter. I feel like I'm always eating on the run, and hardly ever get to complete a meal in peace.

And when I bentch before I'm done I am often resentful because I was still hungry!

Lol this is me too.
Like I'll eat half my bagel, run to shut the over, pick up the baby and an hour later wonder why I'm still hungry. Then I don't know of I should wash again.....

And I don't want to force myself to bentch before standing up, because I still want the rest of the bagel!

I do like the alarm idea though.

Refine

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 10:50 pm
In brich Rachamana we say the word eloh -ono (hashems name) before malka de'olma. I wonder if that's a nusach thing though.
My husband and I joke that we rarely get to wash and make it to bentching before one of our kids need help in the bathroom!

almostlettinggo

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 12:10 am
amother Plum are you my twin? I thought I was the only one! Although the bencher next to you seems like a good idea. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions