Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help! Wall paint Color turned out green!!
Previous  1  2

2gether

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 4:32 am
Some ideas:
Repaint just the living room
Sponge paint on top of it (white/light green/gold/beige)
paint an accent wall
check differant lighting
put up a full wall curtain

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 6:09 am
Natural light exposure makes a huge difference. I painted our north-facing living room in a color called Egyptian Cotton. It was supposed to be an off-white ecru. In the LR, it had a a slight pinkish undertone. I did not plan for that but once window treatments and furniture was in, it was fine. I had a bit of paint leftover so used the remaining on a south facing half bath. Although I was going for the pinkish color again, it ended up being the off white ecru that I originally wanted in the LR.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 6:32 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I'm using GE Reveal. No particular reason. Do you think there's a preferable choice? TIA.

Are they GE Reveal LEDs? Kelvin number of your LEDs? You can have your contractor swap the bulbs for 1,000k higher to see if there's a difference.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 6:36 am
Maybe I’m crazy but a light airy green sounds very pretty. Also realize that every paint color will change throughout the day unless you don’t have any windows.

I paint big swatches on the wall and watch the color transformations throughout the day until I find one I like in all its permutations. Still I sometimes get surprised, because a whole room painted will bounce light off the walls differently than just a swatch. But I like color and usually enjoy surprises. If you have lots of greenery outside and a pale green inside it can look stunning. Use creamy white accents and pops of pinks/blues/teals/cranberries to pull it together.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:08 am
Hug OP, I get you. Color is a really big deal, and psychologists know that it has a huge effect on your moods. Pale green is pretty if that is what you want, but if it's not what you want it will upset you every time you see it. It's not worth it to "just deal with it." I've remodeled many houses in my day, and color is the number one factor that will make or break your environment.

Prime your walls with color sealer, and then repaint with a cream that has both yellow AND tan undertones. The brownish tone will keep the yellow from being too sharp, and the yellow will keep the green and blue tones out. You'll end up with a very warm, comforting color, even if it's very pale. I know I'm making it sound dark, but I'm talking about tone, not intensity.

Once the walls are primed and dried for a few days, paint a sample swatch of the new color, and let it sit for at least a week. I've also found that some paints change color when they are completely dry, and that is annoying as heck. There's no way to predict if that will happen until it does. Mad

Even if you end up paying for the color correction out of pocket, you'll be glad you did. May it be a kappara!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics