Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Extremely Knotty Sheitel!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:50 pm
I have a long sheitel that I love, but it gets extremely knotty. There is literally a nest under there after every single shabbos. Has anybody found a solution for this? I've tried masks and conditioner treatments but they haven't helped.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 6:44 pm
Bring it back to the lady you bought it from and maybe she will back it up or fix it or have good suggestions for you

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:53 pm
I used a conditioner from Amazon called silicone. I hate the smell but it did the job. Shampoo, rinse, apply the conditioner to the knotty part. (I didn't do the entire wig because I really couldn't stand the smell. For the rest of the wig I used regular conditioner.) Let the conditioner sit at least for an hour.
Rinse thoroughly.
When styling, apply a dry hair oil and use a flat iron for the bottom portion of the wig to seal it in.
It made my unwearable knotty wig wearable again.

lifesagift

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:27 pm
If you dont mind it have soft beach curls you can comb it into a gentle loose braid when putting it away

mimimom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 1:26 pm
Sounds like it is defective. This happens when some of the hair is sewn in upside down. See if the manufacturer will replace it. (They should)

lcraighten

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 1:49 pm
Use Biotin, bursh your sheitel then put a small amount of biotin on your hands and run it through your sheitel

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 2:38 pm
mimimom wrote:
Sounds like it is defective. This happens when some of the hair is sewn in upside down. See if the manufacturer will replace it. (They should)

Really? I thought this was normal. Happens to mine too. Crying Is there any way to test out how knotty it gets before buying one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels