Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona virus and leaving

cheese1

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 2:24 pm
If one goes to a European county and comes back to Isreal. what EXACTLY happens?
Do they have to stay in their house for 2 weeks alone?
WHO makes sure that you listen to that???

shantelle

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 2:45 pm
Wondering the same thing. Also... WHY are they quarantining travelers through European countries that don’t even have a lot of cases (ie Spain and Germany)?
Does this mean anyone with stopovers to Israel for Pesach (or whatever) in the next few weeks will have to be in quarantine for two weeks?!!? I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around that

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 2:46 pm
The list of European countries requiring isolation at the moment is:
Italy
France
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Spain

You are meant to call the hotline and report yourself. I think this is important in terms of getting the sick leave authorized. It also means that if you develop any symptoms, they are already aware of you as being at risk, and diagnostic testing goes much faster.

Theoretically they could come and check up that you are maintaining full isolation procedures. In reality I think they are relying on public opinion and people's social conscience.

4g01o

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:18 pm
We were just in israel from the uk and no one stopped us coming in. Is this a new development?

cheese1

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:22 pm
It's as of today...

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:23 pm
The latest measures were published this afternoon, but the UK is not (yet) on the list of countries requiring isolation. So you wouldn't have had any trouble anyway.

Last edited by Elfrida on Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

smile12345

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:25 pm
I think I read that if you do a stopover through one of these countries listed then it isn't counted. Only if you actually spent time there before coming to Israel.

Mollie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:28 pm
These countries all border Italy

nchr

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:54 pm
Mollie wrote:
These countries all border Italy

Germany and Spain do not border Italy. Slovenia does and Belgium is right inbetween France and Germany, yet they are listed. It may have to do with popular destinations for Israelis or the fact that Germany and Spain, while not bordering Italy, have their own cases.

Last edited by nchr on Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

etky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:55 pm
smile12345 wrote:
I think I read that if you do a stopover through one of these countries listed then it isn't counted. Only if you actually spent time there before coming to Israel.

Except for Italy (and China and South Korea for which this rule has been in place for a while already ) - if you connected through one of those countries you need to self-quarantine.

etky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 4:00 pm
Elfrida wrote:
The list of European countries requiring isolation at the moment is:
Italy
France
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Spain

You are meant to call the hotline and report yourself. I think this is important in terms of getting the sick leave authorized. It also means that if you develop any symptoms, they are already aware of you as being at risk, and diagnostic testing goes much faster.

Theoretically they could come and check up that you are maintaining full isolation procedures. In reality I think they are relying on public opinion and people's social conscience.

This.
There is a number to call to tattle on someone who is not adhering to the rules.
This evening several kids from the Brenner high school that is quarantined were out on the streets and were spotted by inspectors who handed them over to the local authority to be dealt with (not sure what sanctions are proposed...).
I also think people are afraid of being shamed on social media for breaking the rules. That is a form of enforcement in and of itself.

notna

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:22 pm
Elfrida wrote:
The latest measures were published this afternoon, but the UK is not (yet) on the list of countries requiring isolation. So you wouldn't have had any trouble anyway.

Can you please link to this?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:36 pm
notna wrote:
Can you please link to this?

Misrad HaBriut

Everything I have is in Hebrew. I know they have an English page. Try googling it.

I have the list of European countries that are currently on the list requiring isolation further up the thread. It could still change as the situation develops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics