Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Seeking a pareve tiramisu recipe

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 4:47 pm
Does anyone have a good one? Or even a mediocre one? I'll take anything at this point, but for what it's worth, my husband hates the texture of cream cheese, real or pareve. I'm therefore hoping for something that captures the delicious coffee-soaked and cocoa flavor but isn't overwhelming on tofutti or anything like that.

I'm also open to just going dairy with this but I have no idea where to get kosher mascarpone so in a way I'm thinking pareve might just be easier.

Thank you wonderful people!!

abaker

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 7:52 pm
If a pareve version exists I'd love to make it!

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:21 pm
I haven’t tried it but here’s a recipe for homemade mascarpone.

https://food52.com/blog/12319-.....heese

I can’t imagine pareve tiramisu being edible.

hodeez

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:49 pm
I make a fake tiramisu with tea biscuits and whipped topping. Soak the tea biscuits in coffee, then line a pan with them all in one layer. Beat the topping, add in a bit of coffee, and spread on the tea biscuits. Make as many layers as you want, ending with the whip on top. Then sprinkle cocoa powder to make it pretty Smile

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:59 pm
hodeez wrote:
I make a fake tiramisu with tea biscuits and whipped topping. Soak the tea biscuits in coffee, then line a pan with them all in one layer. Beat the topping, add in a bit of coffee, and spread on the tea biscuits. Make as many layers as you want, ending with the whip on top. Then sprinkle cocoa powder to make it pretty Smile

This is just a recipe for a type of icebox cake which are made with cookies stacked and some kind of whipped cream or sub in the layers. The cookies soften in the refrigerator.

A tiramisu is made with a specific type of Italian ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese. It is not made with the soft ladyfingers that are generally sold in US markets.

This might be a tasty dessert but it’s ridiculous to call it tiramisu. Very Happy

Blessed4

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:01 pm
The chic made simple cookbook has a parve recipe. I’ve made it parve and milichig. I get rave reviews all the time.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:12 pm
I use Sugar coated ladyfingers easily found in the US. Much crispier than the Pesach ones and hold up nicely. I use whip instead of cheese.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:16 pm
I'm going to try to attach pics of the recipe in gatherings:
Not working.

I'll try to type it outits yummy and doesn't taste like tofu.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:24 pm
1/3 cup warm water
2 tbsp coffee
1/4 cup liqueur any kind
2 btsp sugar
2 1/2 cups pareve whipping cream, divi
2 x 8 Oz pkg cream cheese or tofu cream cheese, softenend
1 x 2.8 pks vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup icing (confect) sugar
2 x 5.25 Oz ppck chocolate flavoured biscuits
Chocolate shavings to garnish

Fugde recipe:
1/4 cup suga
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup margarine, softened
2 tbsp cocoa powder

In a small bowl, mix water, coffee, liqueur and sugar. Set aside

In large mixing bowl whip whipping cream. Set aside 1/2 cup. In the large bowl beat whipping cream with cream cheese, vanilla pudding and icing sugar for approx 5-8 minutes. Dip half the biscuits in the liqueur mixture, then line a glass trie bowl with them. Pour half the whipped cream mixture on top. Repeat the process. Top with reserved whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings.

You can combine the ingredients for fudge on low heat in saucepan, stir constantly until melted and pour over tiramisu. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:36 pm
It's very possible that whatever it ends up being is not technically tiramisu. But whatever it is, I know I've had some incredible ones for dessert at multiple fleishig restaurants in Italy and NYC, as well as some bakeries here (what sparked me to make this post was this insanely delicious one that someone brought to lunch last week from Park East Deli on the Upper East Side). Like I said in the OP, probably the best solution is something that doesn't attempt to recreate a mascarpone cheese exactly, but rather captures the flavors.

Thank you so much for the recipes! Truly appreciate it.

Busymom789

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 10:24 pm
The tiramisu in Bais yaakov cookbook is pareve and heavenly!! Always a winner in this house!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics