Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
So overwhelmed! No time to do shopping!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:42 pm
I feel so overwhelmed now. My mm is not even started yet and my kids costumes are not done. I need to go out to do some shopping for both of them but I never have when. I work till 3 everyday and come home together with kids. I'd rather not go than go with kids. My husband only comes home for a short while after kollel just long enough to eat supper and kiss the kids good night. Then he leaves for a job and comes home after 11. Now when am I suppose to shop? I can't afford to pay for a babysitter and my usual babysitters are all busy now with Yom tov prep. I usually try to take care of a lot of shopping online but it's too late now. I feel stuck and upset. At least I have where to vent. Oh and I don't drive which makes things more complicated.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:46 pm
Are Sunday’s an option? That’s when I tackle everything. Also, do you have a lunch break at work? I run and do errands on my lunch break. That’s how I managed to get my kids costumes and stuff , I Order things online and then I prepare on Motzai Shabbos and Sunday. I work until 4 and don’t get home until close to 5 and I don’t drive either so I know how really tough it is.

shirachadasha

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:46 pm
Looks like this year might be a low-key year for you. Do the minimum.
You'll look back at this year and marvel "remember that crazy year when I worked and DH was in kollel and ...".

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:50 pm
Practically speaking, there is still time to order from amazon. Even Walmart.com has two day shipping that would arrive in time. You should be able to get food and packaging for MM, and also costumes for kids, between those two options. Do it RIGHT NOW!!

r1

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:51 pm
Amazon?

momX4

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:56 pm
I purchased whatever I could on Amazon, costumes included. One dc wanted to make chocolate molds, Amazon had it.

Did an early morning grocery shopping for the nosh. Still need to find time and energy to put it all together.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 8:57 pm
Ages and genders of the kids? Maybe we can link something that will arrive on Friday or by M"S.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:08 pm
got everything Amazon prime. Costumes and shaloch manos stuff. Is it fancy or themed or matchy matchy? No, but my life is insane. Am I doing 90 shaloch manos this year? Nope, 25 tops. OH WELL. Order everything tonight and you'll have it over the weekend and can put Shaloch Manos together on Monday, no worries.

Non perishables--- soda, popcorn, pretzels, candy--- you don't need to do homemade baking or soup or whatnot.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:27 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Are Sunday’s an option? That’s when I tackle everything. Also, do you have a lunch break at work? I run and do errands on my lunch break. That’s how I managed to get my kids costumes and stuff , I Order things online and then I prepare on Motzai Shabbos and Sunday. I work until 4 and don’t get home until close to 5 and I don’t drive either so I know how really tough it is.

Yes I do have Sundays off but it's such a busy day for me. If I'm not home on Sunday then my whole week suffers. Then is when I do all the laundry and clean up my house from shabbos. When I have no choice I do shop then but this Sunday was taken anyway so couldn't take care of errands. Lunchtime is no option as I don't work near any stores and in the time that I'll get there my lunchtime will be over already. I'm usually not such a last minute person but this year I was on vacation last week and it botched things up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:34 pm
Thanks to all of you for your help! I see that just venting really helps as I got clearer for myself. Ok, costumes are taken care of as my older ones are wearing the same as last year and my mom found some fabric scraps for me and I'll sew a quick little red riding hood for my little girlie. MM I also decided to not get crazy about it and to do the same as last year and my husband can get those boxes for me tomorrow on way home from kollel. I'll be fine iyh. Just felt so overwhelmed until I cleared my mind.
Thanks to you all again!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Ages and genders of the kids? Maybe we can link something that will arrive on Friday or by M"S.

A special thanks to you for your kind heart! Thank god I don't need to do this any more but I really appreciate your offer.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:39 pm
Do you need links for MM options?

Either way, I get you sister! It's really hard to juggle being a working mom!

4sure

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 9:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you need links for MM options?

Either way, I get you sister! It's really hard to juggle being a working mom!

I’d be interested if you have links

saw50st8

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:48 am
Can your husband take a few hours off of Kollel to help prepare for Purim? Or do the laundry/prep for the week so that you can do the Purim things?

Definitely do the minimum if you can't accomplish more. It's not a big deal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics