Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
If you bake for mishloach manos...

yamz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 1:18 pm
How do you keep your baked goods fresh? If you freeze your baked goods, when do you take them out of the freezer? Do you freeze them in their final containers or in foil/ziploc bags?

How do you package the baked goods so that they look attractive but also maintain their freshness? I would like to bake some things, but I can't figure out the logistics. I know I am always wary of other people's baked goods because they are often stale by the time I receive them.

All hints and tips for better baked goods gifting are appreciated!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 1:20 pm
I package each item in a separate cello bag and seal it after. Will prepare the mishloach manos on Sunday. Should be fresh enough

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 1:21 pm
It really depends on what you are giving...

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:32 pm
When I bake for mishloach manos I take out of the freezer taanis esther after megilla and package it then!!
Always stays fresh until I give it the next day!
You can also make something dry like biscotti or choc chip cookies, one day out is really not a big deal!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:34 pm
I freeze in the packaging I will give it in. I put my shalach manos together completely and put it in the freezer. I take it out taanis esther before megilla.

bamba

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:39 pm
I’m making mini babkas this year. Will prob freeze and take out Purim night and then package into boxes Purim morning.
Hopefully will still stay good!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:51 pm
I only bake things the day before, on taanit esther and then pack everything right after megillah reading.

sidewalkchalk

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:30 pm
If you send home baked stuff, PLEASE include a note if things are parve or milchig or trefe Wink !! I cannot tell you how many things I end up assuming are fleishig equipment to be on the safe side, especially savory things like little kugels and such.

yamz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:00 pm
Thanks for the responses. I see everyone does something different. I don't think I would have time to start packing everything up after megillah on Purim morning. Hmmm....Well, maybe after Taanis Esther. How would you package a cake or muffin?

miami85

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:02 pm
yamz wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I see everyone does something different. I don't think I would have time to start packing everything up after megillah on Purim morning. Hmmm....Well, maybe after Taanis Esther. How would you package a cake or muffin?

get gift bags.

How many are you making? I've done like 30 Purim night. This year due to community and children my numbers are likely much bigger, but I'm doing something much simpler.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I freeze in the packaging I will give it in. I put my shalach manos together completely and put it in the freezer. I take it out taanis esther before megilla.

This is what I did this year. The baked items are in sealed cellophane bags and those are inside another larger sealed cellophane bag with the other item I’m giving. Everything is ready and packaged with labels and all, in the freezer wrapped in another bag. I will take it out early Purim morning and it’ll be ready for delivery by the time megilla is over.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:01 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

I baked muffins today and want to freeze it till tomorrow. Can I put together all my packages now with chocolate balls, liquor and the muffins into the freezer? Does chocolate freeze well?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:03 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I baked muffins today and want to freeze it till tomorrow. Can I put together all my packages now with chocolate balls, liquor and the muffins into the freezer? Does chocolate freeze well?

Yes you can.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:53 pm
I bake and package on Taanis Esther. My mom bakes Purim morning.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:32 pm
I baked rolls on Sunday & put them in a ziploc, plan to pack them tomorrow-I'm hoping they'll still be fresh!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This is what I did this year. The baked items are in sealed cellophane bags and those are inside another larger sealed cellophane bag with the other item I’m giving. Everything is ready and packaged with labels and all, in the freezer wrapped in another bag. I will take it out early Purim morning and it’ll be ready for delivery by the time megilla is over.

Is there droplets at all on the cellphone bags that have been in the freezer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics