Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Time to board a flight in Israel

ila

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:25 pm
Is it enough time to get to the airport 2 hours 15 min before a flight? Need to catch a flight at 9 Motzaei shabat,do you think it’s possible?

kenz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:31 pm
ila wrote:
Is it enough time to get to the airport 2 hours 15 min before a flight? Need to catch a flight at 9 Motzaei shabat,do you think it’s possible?

If it's an international flight, it's very risky.

kenz

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:32 pm
ila wrote:

Sorry, I just realized you said in Israel - then obviously it's going to be an international flight. Again, I think it's a big risk.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:32 pm
Generally it takes a very long time to get through the airport in Israel. Long lines are common. I would not risk it, personally.

BetsyTacy

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:37 pm
I am no expert but if there are a lot of frum Jews who are also trying to squeak in under the wire, I think it would be worse/more crowded with late comers than a flight going somewhere other than Israel

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:45 pm
No idea what everyone is talking about here. We always only get to the airport here in Israel two hours before flight departure and so does everyone I know. That's the standard amount of time and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:46 pm
We actually just flew at that time a few weeks ago, worked out very well. Left our house an hour after Shabbat was over and reached the airport well in time.

Re long lines: The airport is very quiet motzei shabbat so even less of an issue.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:06 pm
Right now airport is pretty empty. A relative left a few hours ago. Lots of flights have been cancelled.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:17 pm
My cousin flew yesterday and said the airport was a ghost town with no lines at all

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:10 pm
Right, I also heard Ben Gurian is empty now.

ila

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 12:34 am
Thank you very much! Hope everything goes easily!!! Shabat Shalom to all of you!

Rappel

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 1:05 am
You actually can't check in until less than 3 hours before the flight. I've always found ben gurion to be really streamlined. I usually show up 1.5-2 hours before take off. Now that flight traffic is probably greatly decreased in light of coronavirus, it's probably even faster to go through.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 1:08 am
Someone I know just came in to Ben gurion and they said looking down at departures was empty...

etky

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 2:59 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Someone I know just came in to Ben gurion and they said looking down at departures was empty...

Video of empty Paris-bound flight taking off from Ben Gurion

https://www.ynet.co.il/article......html

ila

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 7:46 am
Thank you all!!! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics