Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
New teacher & DS behavior

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:25 pm
My 3 year old used to be the easiest kid on the planet. He totally glazed over the terrible twos. He's been delicious since day 1, super happy-go-lucky, well adjusted, and just easy.
He started preschool this year, and his teachers would totally melt over him and tell me how well behaved he was.
In January, his favorite Morah left. He was totally in love with her, and it was a pretty difficult change for him.
Ever since the new Morah came, his behavior has changed. He's much more aggressive, gets angry quickly, is super stubborn. He freaks out whenever there's a tiny change in routine (the other day, they did something out of order, and he lost it).
In the afternoon, he's in Kindergarten. His kindergarten teachers have not noticed at all at all at all. He's the exact same as he always was when he's in that classroom.
Even at home, he refuses to do certain things like getting dressed in the morning, taking a bath, etc. He totally ignores me half the time.
My poor baby!!!!!! How can I help him cope with this? It's 2 months later, and he's still just not himself.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 3 year old used to be the easiest kid on the planet. He totally glazed over the terrible twos. He's been delicious since day 1, super happy-go-lucky, well adjusted, and just easy.
He started preschool this year, and his teachers would totally melt over him and tell me how well behaved he was.
In January, his favorite Morah left. He was totally in love with her, and it was a pretty difficult change for him.
Ever since the new Morah came, his behavior has changed. He's much more aggressive, gets angry quickly, is super stubborn. He freaks out whenever there's a tiny change in routine (the other day, they did something out of order, and he lost it).
In the afternoon, he's in Kindergarten. His kindergarten teachers have not noticed at all at all at all. He's the exact same as he always was when he's in that classroom.
Even at home, he refuses to do certain things like getting dressed in the morning, taking a bath, etc. He totally ignores me half the time.
My poor baby!!!!!! How can I help him cope with this? It's 2 months later, and he's still just not himself.
Are you sure it's the new morah? could he have had strep that you missed?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Are you sure it's the new morah? could he have had strep that you missed?

He's totally fine when he's in the kindergarten classroom.
A bunch of the other mothers also have a similar complaint with their kids!
And he doesn't have strep. He just had his annual well visit.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:29 am
I congratulate you for caring enough to ask! Some parents just let it pass and hope that time will do the trick. 2 months is considered enough time.
If there afre a few kids in the class with the same concerns then..
It's very possible that the teacher is more tough or incompetent and it effects the students' behavior.
I'd call up the teacher and tell her how amazing she is blabla but it's important for her to know that your son is very sensitive and he needs more attention, more warmth, a compliment, he needs to feel that she likes him. A preschool teacher needs to show her students affection.
She needs to say a bright "Good Morning Chaim!" saying every single child's name. She needs to be relaxed and enjoy her job, otherwise well, no school now anyway ...
If the teacher is new to the field, she may appreciate your advice.

I had my son's teacher who couldn't give him the extra attention, she didn't bother trying to make him feel welcome in her class.. she was really not meant to be a preschool teacher.. It happens.. I ended up taking him out before Chanukah, put him into a different Nursery which he loved so much and put him back into that school for Kindergarten.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers