Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Considering going to school at night early parenting years

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 7:43 am
Has anyone gone back to school for career advancement while working Full-time and in their early parenting years When they are hoping to have more children soon? Another option I am thinking about is trying just one class without a degree program twice a week at night to see how it goes. Just wondering from the frum woman perspective if anyone has done this and has advice.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 8:16 am
I did this and it was super hard, I ended up dropping out. I put aside the two nights a week to go to class, but whenever we got homework or stuff to study I literally cried.
That being said, my neighbor spent her whole married evening life in school. Her mom took her kids off the bus and prepared dinner every single night.

It's very very hard but if you have clear goals it can be doable.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I did this and it was super hard, I ended up dropping out. I put aside the two nights a week to go to class, but whenever we got homework or stuff to study I literally cried.
That being said, my neighbor spent her whole married evening life in school. Her mom took her kids off the bus and prepared dinner every single night.

It's very very hard but if you have clear goals it can be doable.

This - plus you need to have someone available to help out when needed.

STovah

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 10:26 am
I would think it’s significantly easier to go back to school during the early parenting years vs with tweens and teens. If it’s something you want to do, do it now.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 10:30 am
STovah wrote:
I would think it’s significantly easier to go back to school during the early parenting years vs with tweens and teens. If it’s something you want to do, do it now.

Not for sure! Babies waking at night are very physically draining. And teens can take on some responsibilities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics