Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby not taking bottle

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 12:59 am
My baby is 7months old and she barely drinks her bottle. She has about 2 oz per feeding and then will go 4 hours till the next feeding (with solids in between) thing is she was sleep trained but now she wakes up at night and I give her bottle cuz I think she’s hungry if she barely had 2 oz before she went to sleep so many hours ago. Any advice??

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 3:41 am
Try a cup. Look up the ez pz tiny cup on amazon. It was developed by a great SLP.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 4:28 am
Ok will try. Do you know any stores that sell?

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 4:34 am
Is she losing weight

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 4:57 am
How long has this been going on? She might be teething

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 5:16 am
MY LIFEEEE right now revolves around this. I just keep reminding myself that as long as she’s healthy this too shall pass, mines 8 months so only 4 more months of the formula fight. I make sure to offer at least 10 oz a day of formula but she gets plenty of nutrition from food. She drinks water from an open cup but I’m trying to work on soppy cups so she can do it independently and more often....

Good luck and let me know if you find any tricks! My sleep trained baby is now up 3x a night!

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 5:39 am
Did she always take a bottle and is suddenly refusing? Or are you starting to give her a bottle now?
My 6 month old bottle fed baby just finished a 2 week stint of not taking his bottles so nicely. He's teething pretty bad. He ate less more often.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 7:45 am
Is she also nursing? If not, I would persist. Different bottle, different person giving it, different formula.

If she's also nursing, could be she's getting enough.

If it's a new thing- possibly an ear infection or under the weather.

How is her weight? That's the best indicator of a baby is getting enough food.

My 6 month old was not gaining, way off the charts. But he needed it. Eventually he gave in and bh is taking bottles.

Girl@Heart

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok will try. Do you know any stores that sell?

I think target and BBB carry. If you live near a major city a frum Baby store may carry as well.

Edit: I’m amother Violet

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 1:54 pm
Thank you. These responses are helpful. She’s not nursing and has been drinking 6-8 oz till now. Could be she stopped eating as much cuz of teething. Question is what do I do when she wakes up in middle of the night? I feel like I have to feed her because she hasn’t had much formula during the day or before she went to sleep but on the other hand I slowly weened her off the night time feed and then sleep trained so we’ve been taking a few steps back.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 3:27 pm
Ask your doctor. I was told to feed at night until baby was eating more. Sorry, this sounds stressful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics